Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Wanted: A serious Business Jet Sim in P3Dv2 to 3

Warning: rants

After almost a year of waiting for Flight 1 to make the Mustang available to P3D plaform to no avail (they released a version for FSX:SE, a bad omen, since an update to FSX:SE usually also release a version for P3D, but alas, no P3D)  I took a look of the state of Business Jet in P3D v2-3 and have nothing but despair.  Sure there are a couple of Carenados and Bert's excellent GTN Mods, but why would I have to use the MODs?  The Lionheart LearJet is too old for my taste, and Eaglesoft is nowhere to be found.  I am not a Airliner drivers (I have the PMDG NGX and 777, but these are work), but I like jet and I fancy flying a Business Jet to whatever destination I dream of.  

Why after two plus years of P3D we still don't have a serious Business Jet sim?

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Check Eaglesofts facebook page, they are currently working on a Challenger and Citation XLS, I think there might be a new Citation X in the works as well.

I am also frustrated by the lack of quality Business jets on the market.

• Upvote 1

Check Eaglesofts facebook page, they are currently working on a Challenger and Citation XLS, I think there might be a new Citation X in the works as well.

I am also frustrated by the lack of quality Business jets on the market.

Same.  The only serious systems one appears to be the newly released FlysimWare Lear35.

I've got the Carenado Hawker and slowtation with GTN mods... but those are basically eye candy with semi functional systems.  Lionheart Lear is decent but light on the systems.  Though the fuel management is good.

Eaglesoft's Citation Excel+ C560 should be coming along by now...  not sure when it will finally be released.  But I expect superb systems modelling and avionics and I think they will deliver.  That will probably be the one to get.  

There aren't many wonderful choices right now.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FlySimWare Learjet 35 and its on a sale right now :

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=20659&cat=0&page=1

Exercise caution with this developer.

I never did get it installed and working. Brought P3DV3 to it's knees (5fps). No aircradt in the preview window. Five second lag going from VC to spot view.

The 'Customer Support' person referenced a 'reviewer' that said the problem was not the software, but my machine and also added that V3 is 'notoriously slow'. 

Haswell@4.4 with a Titan Black.

Sure.

They said I needed the latest version in order to utilize a new patch that may fix the issue. Never got a kink to that either.

Good luck,

Mark

I have the flysimware learjet 35 and its wonderful on my system with P3DV3.

I73770K

GTX970

Me too. I have a modest laptop and V3 and this Learjet is awesome. Read the forum and see 7 yes seven! Improvements since it was launched two weeks ago. Not fault corrections by any means - tweaks and improvements in the main.

I don't regret purchasing this aircraft at all. It is already near perfect. And you can get it half price this weekend! No brainier to me.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Warning: rants

"Eaglesoft is nowhere to be found..."

We are right here at eaglesoftdg.com and there is an FB link in upper right corner. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The XLS has been pushed back a little from what I've read on Eaglesofts fb page. The challenger is what I'm most looking forward to, however I'll be buying every business jet Eaglesoft make for P3D V3.

I'd love to see a global done one day.

• Upvote 1

Agree, the Flysimware Learjet 35A is worth taking a look at. It was very popular in the 70's and 80's so it's not the most recent, but a great little Bizjet!

The XLS has been pushed back a little from what I've read on Eaglesofts fb page. The challenger is what I'm most looking forward to, however I'll be buying every business jet Eaglesoft make for P3D V3.

I'd love to see a global done one day.

I didn't read anything about the XLS being pushed back... where did you read that?  I read the GLEX (Global Jet) is being pushed back.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's in the post on 4 October titled "a little closer look" in the comments someone asked about a fall rtm but they replied back saying that was unachievable at this stage. They were initially hoping for a 2015 release

Oh I read that - I just took it as they missed their goal (never happens in the flightsim world lol)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yeah exactly haha. That's what I meant to say that it had slipped the expected date a little.