Sign in to follow this  
Surveyorsteve

vasFMC issue

Hope this is a proper place to post this question. I have been working and searching all day but to no avail.  FMC will not find SIDs and STARs.  AIRAC 1512 is there in 2 or 3 places and still FMC does not find it. I am using FSX-SE. I used the download manager for Navigraph so I'm assuming it would be in the right place.  Does anyone know where FMC looks for that data? FMC CDU says it's using the current 1512 AIRAC.

What aircraft are you having problems with?  PMDG?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

Check your Navigraph installer.On some occasions it does not seem to work allof the time with SE.When it happens ,I use the manual install option and that never fails.

Go to Navigraph website and download vasFMC package using Manual Install page:

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

use: vasFMC Flight Management (not the native version)

Then install this package into your vasFMC folder (your main vasfmc folder should be in the installation path). Your new navdata will appear in \navdata folder.

What aircraft are you having problems with?  PMDG?

Best regards,

Thank you Mr.Young for your response. I have tried the defaullt A320, default Boeing 73, Add-on Embraer and default CRJ-700.  Doesn't matter which plane or what airport.  II haven't found a departure that hasn't changed in the last cycle or two. If I did, maybe I could narrow it down.

Well, I can't talk about default aircraft, although I used to have the Embraer on my list, but I use only the PMDG 737 NGX & PMDG 777 now.

If those are the aircraft you are using you can check the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\NavData for the date of your NavData.

If current it should be dated 11/9/2015.

Unless you have updated your Navigraph Data Manager program it might be placing the new information in your old FSX data file. If so, just copy it over until you get the proper Data Manager. My program updates both places even though I don't use the old FSX anymore, only the Steam version.

I wrote out a long scenario of what's going on and guess I forgot to hit the post button. Dang.

I have the latest Data Manager and 1512 data. FMC CDU shows the data cycle 1512.

FMC won't find Sids/Deps but it does find all the airport data, aircraft data, intersections and accesses vroute fine. If I select a flight plan that doesn't have a Sid it works fine. I'm dumbfounded.

I'm not using PMDG or any other planes that may have special needs that I know of. I'm just trying to get it to run on default planes like the A320.

I have all the data in two places. I used the Data Manager program.

C:\Program Files (x86)\vasfmc-2.1\navdata

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\vasfmc\navdata

Any other ideas? :help:

I don't profess to be an expert on any issues at this point in my life, but, having said that, I do not believe "anything" updates the FMC in default aircraft. One of the main reasons for purchasing add on aircraft is their dimensionality. They more closely approximate real flying. With the default aircraft, you get what you got.

Please do not accept my explanation for this, but check it out on the search sites like Google.

As I said in my original post, I use the PMDG aircraft. I have, at one time or another, purchased airplanes for CLS (Airbus A330/340), Embraer(JustFlight) (175/195) and Captain Sim (777), but I have uninstalled all of them in favor of programs that work as they should. The PMDG aircraft are more expensive than others, but are generally considered the top-of-the-line!

One of their development team is Kyle Rodgers (scandinavian13). You can usually find him on the PMDG Forum at Avsim. He seems to be the most knowledgeable person available online. Perhaps, he could help you.