Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

HD Mesh Scenery v3 - South / Central America released!

hdv3_sam_medium.jpg

A new addition to the successful donationware HD Mesh Scenery v3 series has been release. This time, covering the rest of the American continent:

• Central America
  • South America

All usual "parameters" of the already existing HD Mesh Scenery v3 apply to this scenery too. Special topics to be noted:

• This new region was primarily made possible by teh ESA CCI Landcover data
  • the South/Central America extension is based on latest (end of October 2015) OSM data
  • 4 already existing HD Mesh Scenery v3 ZIP files (+20-080, +20-090, +20-100, +20-110) have been updated as they overlap with this new region, and thus most of the non US DSFs are re-created based on the new data (US tiles are included unchanged in these ZIP files). You can clearly see that this files are replacing older ones, as they have a V301 instead of V3 in their name.

You can download the files via the map here:

Comparison screenshots (before / after) can be found here:

Some examples:

Typhoon_90_hd.jpg

Typhoon_57_hd.jpg

Visualizing deforestation!

Typhoon_42_hd.jpg

Typhoon_15_hd.jpg

Typhoon_1_hd.jpg

• Upvote 5

Thanks for all of the great mesh Andras!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks to the sites willing to take the bandwidth hit on this fantastic scenery. Unfortunately, so far, the torrent servers aren't online so I'm struggling with long downloads and contributing to the bandwidth problem. Sorry - got to have it!

Wow.... many thanks!

I guess perhaps I'll look to do a few South & Central America airports for the Gateway!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Wonderful! Have been waiting for this. Great work guys

Thanks!!! Thanks!!! Thanks!!!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Perfect! I can´t thank you enough for your contribution to the X-Plane world!!

Absolutely perfect indeed - Amazing work!

Thank You very much Andras!

Alpilotx and Tony are such scenery heroes  :wub:

Thank you!

+ 1!