Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

P3d 3.1 before year end

Any idea what it's addressing?

128-bits and whole nine yards such as 3d stewardesses 

• Upvote 4

128-bits and whole nine yards such as 3d stewardesses 

Awesome.  Finally

Can't wait to see what improvements we'll see. Really hoping for 64-bit.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Can't wait to see what improvements we'll see. Really hoping for 64-bit.

And then you will get to buy all your add on's again, because none of the present ones will work.  :wink:

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Mine's running beautifully smooth with ASN, REX Soft Clouds and PMDG's 777, why a patch ?

Heheheh, but honestly, I can't find any problems with my current install. 

Never had better FPS in the T7, with ASN pumping bad weather all around me...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

They are probably going to shift even more processing to the GPU and a NVIDIA Quadro M6000 will be required to handle this.

I hope they address the disappearing lights with third party addons too

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm definitely not moving to 3.1 without concrete reason to.   As with Jose's commentary, my install is finally stable and there is nothing in particular that i find needs changing.

I wonder if we will have to reinstall everything again from the scratch

• Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I wonder if we will have to reinstall everything again from the scratch

Well there is always the risk that you might break something - particularly if your install methods for 3rd party addons has not followed LM's stipulations to install outside of the main folder - who know's..

However, if I remember correctly, wasn't one of V3's new 'features' that incremental updates to 3.0 were capable of being installed without damaging current installations (assuming you have followed the correct install methodology)

Adam Breed from LM has posted that 3.1 to be out before year end.

Hi,

would you be so kind to give a link, please? I am following the LM forum but can't find it.

Thanks a lot, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Well there is always the risk that you might break something - particularly if your install methods for 3rd party addons has not followed LM's stipulations to install outside of the main folder - who know's..

However, if I remember correctly, wasn't one of V3's new 'features' that incremental add-ons were capable of being installed without damaging current installations (assuming you have followed the correct install methodology)

That should be interesting, despite warnings about duct taping add ons into V3, some did anyway. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310