Introduction 

A Tutorial to Uninstall FSX Steam Edition from your Computer 

============

---------
Index 
---------

(1)  Uninstalling FSX Steam Edition 

(2)  Deleting the 5 FSX folders  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)  Uninstalling FSX Steam Edition 

There are 2 ways you can Uninstall FSX 

First way:  Navigate to your Steam Library,  Right Click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X,  Click Uninstall 

33446735011_3d640a2eb5_o.png

------------------------------------------

Second way:  Navigate to your Control Panel  "Programs and features"   Right Click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X,  Click Uninstall

33575852235_d8565e91af_o.png

When the Uninstall process has completed,  Restart your Computer 

===============================================================================================================

(2)  Deleting the 5 FSX folders  

Locate and Delete these 5 Blue folders  (Important)  If you are doing an Uninstall and Reinstall of FSX It is Important to Delete these Generated folders before you Reinstall FSX again  

Right Click and Delete the 5 Blue folders 

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

► Computer ► Your FSX Location ► Steam ► steamapps ► common  ► FSX 

► Libraries  ► Documents ► Microsoft Simulator X Files 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Microsoft ► FSX 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Microsoft ► FSX 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Microsoft ► FSX 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Locate these folders,  You need to Insure you have the correct Folder Options settings applied  

For Windows 7, 8 and 10 Users,  Follow the path below.......... 

1 Control Panel ► Appearances and Personalisation ► 2 Show hidden files and folders.  3  Tick the circle  "Show hidden files, folders and drivers"   Click Apply and Ok

33570621095_688b29f7ac_o.png

Edited by Elaine Dixon
Updated Tutorial 21\03\17
  • Upvote 1

Good work!  I'll see that you receive a raise out of the petty cash drawer effective tomorrow!  Small bills OK? :wink:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Ooh!!! Thanks!! I will sabe this for future use :)

• Upvote 1

Cheers :)

N.-

Many thanks for that, it's great to see someone taking the trouble and showing the procedure so clearly

:Star: :Star: :Star: 

Have a great 2017

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

....struth 2016 went quick. Now I know what they mean when they say the older you get the quicker the years pass.   :wink:  Whatever the year may be, hope it is good for all of you. 

• Upvote 1

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Hello...I could use a bit of help if you don't mind.

Can I throw a little wrinkle into the mix?

I have both FSX and FSX-SE installed.  I notice that the two versions are found in the directories of the above file structures that you describe....not just FSX.

...FSX

...FSX-SE                                             

Suppose I want to remove the FSX-SE version at some time but keep FSX. I assume I follow your instructions from above but just remove the FSX-SE and leave the FSX.

In the registry folders I assume that I go into the directory tree to Microsoft Games ...open it and remove just the FSX-SE

Only area that I am not sure of is in the registry...in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" , inside the Microsoft Games folder there is only one folder ....flight simulator. If I remove the Microsoft Games folder, it would remove the flight simulator folder contained inside.  Where I still have FSX installed ... I'm not sure of this final step..

Any advise?

Jack

• Upvote 1

Awesome .

nebojsa milo

• Upvote 1

Hello...I could use a bit of help if you don't mind.

Hello Jack.  To be honest, i'm a late comer to the world of FSX and would not like to put you wrong.  Maybe someone else with more FSX Boxed Knowledge would be chip in here.