Sign in to follow this  
BAW9DV

Constructing SB models for visual MP display

Hi,

Not sure if anyone checks this forum or not anymore but here goes with a question....

I still use Squawkbox with FS9 (FS2004) online with VATSIM, although I will be moving to FSX-SE later in 2016 - and hopefully P3D if the licencing options change to allow me to use it.

There are still aircraft (and liveries) that are not available in the Squawkbox VIP model set.   For example, the new 787 and the 747-8 cannot be set up under the option to ADD AIRCRAFT in SB because these jets came along after work stopped on developing SB further.

I would like to try and see if I could add a 787 and a livery for it such that when I add the aircraft into SB and connect online, the aircraft can be "seen" in MultiPlayer mode by others connected online with me at the time.   I appreciate that perhaps any resulting new model that gets done will need to be available for download by others so they can add it to their model set and thereby "see" my new aircraft.

I was wondering if there was a tutorial or a method for creating this?   Or even perhaps a way to use and existing model (say the current 777) and then adapt it so that it appears as a new model, that looks like a twin jet but is labelled as a 787 - again, so it can be seen.   And how do I set a livery for it?

There seems to be no documentation around to help me with this idea - so can anyone here point me to some help?

I appreciate any comments you chaps can make that might help me to see if this is a viable idea.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Lee 

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png