Sign in to follow this  
Ramjett

ASE Using Offline Mean Valid Time

I have been Active Sky Evolution user for many years now, first with only FS2004 and now with both FS2004 and FSX.  I decided not to use ASN because it did not support FS2004.  When I use ASE with FS2004 it always loads the current weather for the location of my aircraft in the sim.  It updates that weather in real time as I move through the virtual sky.

However, when I use ASE with FSX it always loads weather "Using Offline Mean Valid Time".  Today, 1/5/2016, it loaded weather for 1/3/2016 as of 0300 GMT.  Saturday 1/2/2016 I flew in a VATSIM event to "Bring Santa Home" with the ZAN ARTCC and the oflline mean time it loaded was for 1/29/2016.  How it could pick a date in the future is beyond me.

I am confused why it always loads current weather with FS2004, but always uses Offline Mean Valid Time that is never current with FSX?  I have tried changing the setting to both Automatic Downloads and to VATSIM Online Weather.  Neither setting makes a difference and the weather remains at whatever Mean Valid Time ASE used upon startup, even if I fly 3,000 nm and 6 hours away.

If AVSIM Forums would let me paste a quote I would copy and paste the startup dialogue from the ASE Dashboard Home Page, but since it won't, if you think that info would help I will write it down and manually type it in here in a second post.

Any Ideas?

Randy

i have not used ASE since forever but i still had it installed so i fired it up

in ASE i definitely see active date and time as correct.

i have "GMT" and "Force to real time" boxes checked.

does it show the correct time and date if you run it before starting the sim? it seems odd that it would be any different between fs9 or fsx unless you maybe have the 'force to sim time' checked.. perhaps if that is the case there is some miscommunication going on there where it is reading the time incorrectly from fsx.. i can't really test this as i don't have fs9.

you might also have better luck with a specific issue like this posting on their official forums at hifi's website or filing a support ticket there

cheers

-andy crosby

Thanks for the prompt reply Andy.  I have posted on the Official HiFi Forums, but no results yet. 

A little more background if it will help.  When I start ASE I have it set to ask me which sim I will be using, FS2004 or FSX. 

If I tell it FS2004 the dashboard begins it's startup dialogue, checking for license, FS2004 location, etc, etc.  Once ASE is complete it shows me the current weather.  The settings are as you said, "GMT" and "Force to Real Time" are both checked.  "Automatic Downloads" is also checked (even when I fly on VATSIM...the difference is never that great in my experience).

If I tell it I will be using FSX the startup dialogue finds FSX and goes through it's motions, but it always ends up stating "Using Offline Mean Valid Time".  As with FS2004 I have both "GMT" and "Force to real Time" checkmarked and until recently was using "Automatic Downloads".  Once I realized the weather was not correct and never seemed to download weather updates I tried "VATSIM Online Weather".  Neither selection makes a difference.

In either case the current time and date is correctly indicated on the dashboard and the time changes as it is supposed to.

Hopefully Daveo will see my post over at HiFi and I can get this sorted out.

Thanks again,

Randy

Hi Randy!

Thanks for posting on the forum for assistance.  If our suggestions have not resolved your issue, I suggest you open a support ticket @ support.hifitechinc.com.  Thanks!

Thank you Lisa, for being so helpful over on the HiFi Community Forum.  I posted there that the issue was resolved by an uninstall/reinstall.

For those who don't go to the HiFi Forums, the issue was caused...apparently...by the year-end rollover and a date issue that was fixed by HiFi ASE Update B709.  When I tried to install B709 it could not find my ASE Installation and would not let me point to it through the browser.  I ended up having to completely uninstall ASE, sweep my drives for any leftovers, and then reinstall.

Works fine now.

Randy