Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Reducing vas question

Hey guys

Question, I have Orbx sp4 aus for p3d v3.1 installed and global.

I have oceana active only whilst flying in aus.

Now is global deactivated or do I have to untick via library?

Same goes when I fly from say Sydney to Vancouver and only have global active

Do I have to untick aus in world scenery library in game ?

Or is it deactivated via central already?

And saves me on vas

Thanks

Only on can be active I think. It deactivates the other when activating.

But you should check if hybrid mode is running. I think it can cause problems... or maybe this fixed already, dont know.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

OK cool thats what I wanted to confirm that if one is active then the othe is deactivated and there is no need to untick within game.

Even thou for instance I fly from Vancouver to Sydney and only global is activated but in scenery library it is ticked but not active through central.

Never mind, just noticed once deactivated it does not appear in scenery library

Thanks all

Damn it I guess I'm wrong it doesn't actually untick or remove from scenery library if the region is not Active

Any advise is appreciated thanks

None of the ORBX regions remain active/enabled if you have FTX Global active in FTX Central.  If you tick "Hybrid", all the regions become active/enabled again.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Hi Stewart

Thanks for the reply

Ok so hybrid not activated,

Even thou ftx global is active

Scenery library is showing all my aus airports and aus sp4 ticked they are not enabled correct?

Thanks

Do you mean Oceania ticked, don't you?  Even with Global active, all airports are active, Australia, North America, wherever.  It's the regions which are inactive when Global is active.  So with Oceania ticked, the Aussie airports are all enabled, since Global isn't active.  With Oceania ticked, even the North American airports are active.  In fact if any of your "Full" regions are active, all airports are active anyway.  "Hybrid" is exactly that:  You're flying around in a non-region, say in Texas, USA, but have a flight into LAX.  You have Hybrid ticked so that when you fly into LAX your Southern California region is active.  Myself, since the differences are minor, I fly with North America active all the time I'm flying in North America, even though I might be outside one of the Full Regions, say, I'm flying from Houston, Texas, to Calgary, Canada.  I keep FTX Central switched to North America and be done with it.  Tick Global in FTX Central, then run FSX and go to the Scenery Library--no Fat Regions are listed, but all of your airports are still there.

Stew

Yes oceana

Ahhh I see!!! Thank you very much for an informative answer much appreciated.

Yes oceana

Ahhh I see!!! Thank you very much for an informative answer much appreciated.

Yep!  The ah-hah moment!  Took me a while, too, because I did most of my flying in NA.  But when I added Oceania, things got a little more complicated.  But I try to keep it simple.  I fly inside Australia (or NZ), but sometimes in Papua-New Guinea, with Global/Hybrid, if I'm flying from Cairns to Jacksons, for example.  If you have purchased Vector, btw, be sure you disable the four Vector entries in the Scenery Library cuz it causes problems with the Aussie airports and terrain, mostly the terrain. 

Stew