Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Posting Images in Forums - a Tutorial

When posting images in the forums, please follow the tutorial at the following link - https://www.avsim.com/topic/479802-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot/

Please continue to follow the image posting rules as follows (rules are also shown under the Rules & Policies Tab above):

Images posted to AVSIM must conform to these rules.
  • Images must be posted in the AVSIM Screen Shot Forum or the Real Aviation Photos Forum.
  • Images are not allowed in other AVSIM forums unless the image is required to show a problem you are having or images of configuration settings. Non-flight simulation images can be linked in the Hangar Chat Forum if required to show or emphasize the title of the topic. Anything related to Flight Simulation or Real Aviation will be moved to the appropriate Screen Shot Forum.
  • Images posted in topics that are actually screenshots to show off an aircraft or scenery will be split from the topic and moved to the appropriate Screen Shot Forum.
  • Images must be hosted on your own image server site, such as Drop Box, Google Drive, Photobucket.com, OZx Image Hosting, or a website that you own.
  • Images can be of any size; however, be considerate of your fellow AVSIM members as large photos will take longer to load for some members who do not have fast Internet connections.
  • Images will automatically be resized to fit the viewer's screen width. This process is done automatically by the AVSIM website program.
  • No more than 20 images per post. Moderators will remove any image that exceed this requirement.
  • AVSIM members are reminded of the AVSIM Terms of Service in respect to images, and copyrighted and intellectual property. Images that violate our policies regarding copyrights and family safe environment will be removed and, depending on the severity of violation, user suspended or banned from AVSIM.
  • Images copyrighted on other websites such as Airliners.net are not allowed and will be removed immediately.
  • See Signature Rules for posting images in your signature.

If you have any questions or comments, please PM me or one of the AVSIM Moderators.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Great tutorial, but no where can I find what kind of images (extensions) are allowed. I tried last to use a photo (screenshot) for a problem I am having with downloading Southern California and using FTX Central. I have it stored in Amazon photos.

I get this error:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Any help would be appreciated. 

AVSIM, like almost every website on the Internet, uses BBCode so you must look for a link to your image relating to BBCode.  The link should be encompassed with .  The sites that host images, like Oz, will have the proper link to the image you place on their website.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10