Sign in to follow this  
Goldstar Textures

Alaska Airlines 2016 New Colours for the PMDG 737

Thanks Alex and Sean for the tip.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

For some reason all of my screens in this livery are loading black (not blue like they are off, but black like they don't exist) and there is zero power to the aircraft.  I'm set up to load NGXSHORT as my default.  I tried to re-load the panel state. Everything loads up, but I get fire alarms. When I try to deactivate them through failures page, they just keep coming back.  I loaded another livery and I don't have any issues. The plane loads as normal and everything is fine.  It only happens when I load this specific livery. I've tried loading a default aircraft first, I've tried loading this from the top, I've tried loading another ngx and then this...but nothing seems to be working.  Any ideas folks?

thanks,

-Dan Burke

+1! I cannot get any power to this livery! Battery power is already 'on' when loaded but no power. All other liveries work fine. Looking for ideas also!!

thanks

fred ziker

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

I actually had this issue myself surprisingly. No idea why. I think it MAY have been caused by the ini file included. I would try deleting it from the texture folder and seeing what happens. Not sure what else would do it honestly. I even installed the NGX again. I definitely think it is causing this specific issue.

Hello all,

From my side, I did not have the issue you talked about. I installed the livery through ops center. When I loaded the aircraft, all is working well.

Tuna Bilgi

Thanks for your reply Alex! It is indeed curious especially since some of us are experiencing the problem and others are not. I can tell you that deleting the .ini file from the texture folder did not solve the problem but I DO think it is an ini problem. I noticed that during the PMDG initializing of the system I did have power to the aircraft and then it suddenly went black when the initialization was complete.So I did a re-install of NGX and the problem went away. Kind of an extreme fix for a new livery but it sure is looking good and now I can actually fly it!

fred ziker

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

Thanks folks,  and Alex,, for taking the time to make this great livery!

Jerry Friz

Jerry- I think all of Alaska planes have the eyebrow windows filled in.. Apperantly pilots complained about the lighting problems it caused

Peter Osborn

I love the 737-800 new color repaint! Is there any chance you can do the same style for 900ER including the de-activated exit? I cannot find an Alaska 737 900 (or 900 ER) in the new colors. Someone did the Boeing 100 livery but that's a special livery. 

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris Smith