Sign in to follow this  
LittlePaulio

Do FTX have any realistic competitors at the moment?

I got into FSX boxed just as Orbx was redesigning the FSX scenery as a series of modules.

I have recently realised that I probably just got swept along in the hype and it seemed to be the most sensible solution to upgrade the default scenery. Of late I've really being regretting my impulsiveness. I mainly fly in and around Ireland and England and I fins that with all Orbx products turned off and all the FSX sliders pushed to the right, outside of the cities (I have London Heathrow and Dublin by Aerosoft) I just don't notice that much of a difference. I think REX HD 4 helps a lot as well.

I have suffered two FSX drives crashes recently and trying to track down all of the Orbx bits and pieces has led to a lot of duplicate files and confusion over products I never bought in FXT 2 central after reinstallion that has led me to find a simpler, less expensive solution

Just wondering if anyone is in the same place as me and could recommend some free or cheaper mesh and vecture solutions for Western Europe. There are plenty of options for the major airports thanks to Aerosoft among others. Just interested in peoples opinion in possibly the one sub-forum who would most likely challenge my opinions. Interested in any feedback.

Thank you