Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Windows 10 order of install of Video drivers and Saitek Pro drivers

I will be soon switching to Windows 10. Should I download and install the latest NVIDIA drivers that are compatible with WIN 10 before upgrading to Win 10 on my Windows 7 computer, or do that after the upgrade had taken place? I am way back on driver 311.06. Anyone have a recommendation about which Win 10 driver version to install from NVIDIA?

What about the Windows 10 Saitek Pro drivers for my Pro Flight Yoke, throttle quadrants, and rudder pedals.Install first before upgrading or wait until after the upgrade is complete?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark

If I were you, don't do an upgrade. Do a clean install, make sure to "customise settings" during the initial setup, and disable all the privacy-related settings that send data.

After you're in the OS, make sure you're not connected to the internet and on another computer, download all the drivers you need (including chipset, internet, audio, etc.). Yes, the latest Nvidia drivers are fine, and yes, the latest Saitek drivers are fine as well. Just check their respective websites and your motherboard website and download from there. Put those files on a USB and install from there.

If you don't get the drivers onto a USB and install from there, once you connect to the internet, they will be automatically downloaded from Windows Update, which is not recommended.