Sign in to follow this  
raymar

AVSIM Review - Carenado Phenom 300 - finally published on front page

Hi Ray,

Wow, quite a review.  Appreciate all the info you researched and provided for the rest of us.  Lot of work went into this.  You neglected, however, to say how many rivets were used in the plane's construction.  LOL!

Jim

A very thorough and interesting review. Just waiting for RL to go away so that FSMania can complete his delivery flight.

The final KFLL to KICT leg is still on the schedule. 

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,

Outstanding review.  I purchased the Phenom about two weeks. ago.  I too have had my share of moments but I really enjoy the aircraft.  All of your comments were spot on and hopefully Carenado will respond  by updating the Prodigy and other aircraft functions to make the model truly outstanding.  Your review highlighted some great tips that I will follow up on.  I also want to give kudos to FSMania and his videos. Watching them over and over helped me with the AFCS controls, even though I still have issues with GS capture and the "FLC".   Also, in your review, you mentioned that you "wished the TAS was easier to find on the MFD and more prominently displayed."  I found through my learning the Prodigy System that you can add TAS to the top of the MFD via the AUX System Status page.  I usually have that displayed instead of Ground Speed at the top of my MFD.

Again, Outstanding!

Todd

Ray,

Outstanding review.  I purchased the Phenom about two weeks. ago.  I too have had my share of moments but I really enjoy the aircraft.  All of your comments were spot on and hopefully Carenado will respond  by updating the Prodigy and other aircraft functions to make the model truly outstanding.  Your review highlighted some great tips that I will follow up on.  I also want to give kudos to FSMania and his videos. Watching them over and over helped me with the AFCS controls, even though I still have issues with GS capture and the "FLC".   Also, in your review, you mentioned that you "wished the TAS was easier to find on the MFD and more prominently displayed."  I found through my learning the Prodigy System that you can add TAS to the top of the MFD via the AUX System Status page.  I usually have that displayed instead of Ground Speed at the top of my MFD.

Again, Outstanding!

Todd

Thanks for all the good words.

I managed to change Data Field 1 on the MFD bar to TAS but I can't find it displayed? duh.

Regards,

Ray

Data Field 1 TAS.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray,

You are at the right spot, however, it will only show at the top of the MFD display.  Unfortunately, it won't show at the top of the PFD.

Regards,

Todd

Your review convinced me to take a chance and buy this aircraft and with the inclusion of Bert's excellent GTN750 mod I haven't been disappointed.  Much better than I expected from a Carenado bizjet!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Your review convinced me to take a chance and buy this aircraft and with the inclusion of Bert's excellent GTN750 mod I haven't been disappointed.  Much better than I expected from a Carenado bizjet!

Ditto.

Bert was very helpful and supplied the mod with plenty of advice. I have the entire fleet equipped with the GTN. I just have one jet left with the G1000, for when I want to fiddle with the gauge!:-)

Cheers.

David