Sign in to follow this  
altack

737 Left CDU not working while the Right CDU is perfect

Hi Mark, Hi Guys,

I've got a strange problem: with the 737 Full Control licence, my set up is not responding for the Left CDU whereas the Right CDU is working splendidely (both receiving and transmiting).

When entering the 192.168.1.12:32111 adress on my Ipad, the web browser is stuck unresponding.

I've got several computers or home appliance on my home network (broadband internet box, 2 PC's, 1TV, 1 PS3 game box etc...) so perhaps this very adress is already in use ????

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Francois

PS: the Left CDU is responding on my computer web browser using the "localhost" adress...

Francois Mavel

Hi Francois,

that is indeed very strange.

It could have been a port usage issue (each port can only be used once) but since it is working on your computer's browser, that is clearly not the case.

If 192.168.1.12 is your PC's IP, then it shouldn't matter how many other devices are online. Perhaps some other device is having the same IP assigned?

I could have a look at the logfile.dat, but I probably won't see anything pop out since your local connection is working. Anything beyond that can be a firewall / network issue.

Try restarting the PC, and if you are using a custom firewall software, make sure the app is whitelisted.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hi Mark,

the problem is solved: since I use a TP-Link Wifi dongle to broadcast the wifi in the room I've got my simulation rig I actually have 2 network IP addresses valid.

Due to the way your applet display possible IP addresses for the Left CDU I tought the first IP address was for the Left CDU and the second one was for the Right CDU. Of course I was wrong since only the second address showed was dealing with the wifi dongle and was working.

To connect the Right CDU I had to actually click on the "Right CDU" line then, again, using the second IP address...

Perhap the ergonomy of the applet was misleading, something like "try this IP 192.168.x.x:32111 or this IP 192.168.y.y:32111" would have been helpful?

Sorry for the unnecessary trouble, BTW your CDU Remote is working great and is very convenient !

Best regards,

Francois

Francois Mavel