Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Double sports stadiums - any fix?

I am seeing this in several cities: Kansas City (Kaufmann and Arrowhead stadiums); New York City (Shea Stadium); St Louis, Denver (Invesco/Mile High Stadium); and Los Angeles (Dodger Stadium).  In all cases I am using default scenery under Megascenery 2.0 state scenery, and that under MSE UltraRes cities.  In each case one stadium is FSX default and the other is from MSE.  Oh! And in regard to Kansas CIty I lived there when Arrowhead (football) and Kaufmann (baseball) were built side-by-side. What I am seeing there is clearly offset double images each each of those two stadiums.

I see no difference if I unload MSE2 state, or MSE UltraRes city, one at a time but not both.  The doubled stadiums appear.  If I unload all MSE then of course what I see is the stadium from the default scenery.

There are other cities where this is not occurring.  Philadelphia and Indianapolis are two examples.  In the case of Philadelphia I have the excellent SunSkyJet KPHL loaded over the MSE state and city, and that KPHL scenery provides coverage well beyond the airport boundaries and includes the Philadelphia baseball and football stadiums.  In the case of Indianapolis the current Lucas Oil Stadium was not built at the time of FSX scenery, but the former Hoosier Dome was there at that time and there is no evidence of it with default/MSE2 state/MSE UltraRes Indy,

Any idea how to fix this?  Again, the MSE sceneries are of course loaded above default.

A couple of examples.

2015-12-3_20-45-44-66-X2.jpg

Mets stadium in NYC

2016-2-3_11-14-27-70-X2.jpg

Denver Invesco/Mile High (Broncos)

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Wow! Zero views. Did I post this in the wrong forum? Never had this happen before.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I just looked and you've had 59 views but no suggestions. For some reason you have conflicting scenery but I'm sure you know that. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

i'm not even sure it's technically a 'conflict'. basically your photo scenery has a texture with picture of the stadium on the ground. presumably that is what you want to keep, and you want to remove the 3d models that are still there, i guess for the most part they come from default scenery?

i guess you might be able to make an exclusion poly that eliminates all the 3d stuff from the default scenery, but i don't really know how that works either, i have only messed a little bit with ADE and that mainly just works at airports, not sure how random non-airport scenery objects go. hopefully eventually someone who knows will see your thread though. good luck!

cheers

-andy crosby

I just looked and you've had 59 views but no suggestions.

All of those came after my "bump" message this afternoon.  Just before that it had gone 36 hours with zero views.  I assume it was a timing issue where the topic scrolled off the recent list and just got buried.

i'm not even sure it's technically a 'conflict'. basically your photo scenery has a texture with picture of the stadium on the ground. presumably that is what you want to keep, and you want to remove the 3d models that are still there, i guess for the most part they come from default scenery?

What's strange is that as far as I have seen these are occurring at only some cities/stadiums.  The image below is of Chicago, with MSE UltraRes city. You can see U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox baseball) just ahead, and Chicago Bear's Soldier Field in the distance in the upper left corner and there are no double images.

2015-11-4_16-11-44-105-XL.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS 

All of those came after my "bump" message this afternoon. Just before that it had gone 36 hours with zero views.

I wouldn't trust that counter, I know I looked at it before your second post.

As I did not have an answer for you I chose not to reply.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I wouldn't trust that counter, I know I looked at it before your second post.

Well, what I know as fact is that it sat at zero for 36 hours and there were no replies. Now the counter is climbing and there have been replies.  I have posted a tech support message over at MegaScenery's site.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Frank

I reckon Joe is correct about the counter.

I viewed your initial post at my usual afternoon time I access the Avsim Forums, which was a little under four hours after you posted it.

Gary

viewed your initial post at my usual afternoon time I access the Avsim Forums, which was a little under four hours after you posted it.

Still looking for help for the issue......

Frank Patton
ASUS 

What's strange is that as far as I have seen these are occurring at only some cities/stadiums.  The image below is of Chicago, with MSE UltraRes city. You can see U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox baseball) just ahead, and Chicago Bear's Soldier Field in the distance in the upper left corner and there are no double images.

ah, you can see the cellular field texture underneath the stadium though poking out a bit on the left.

in your other shots, either the satellite imagery or is misplaced or the 3d model is... hard to say which one..or both perhaps lol

you might be able to get rid of the the 3d models and only use the textures by dropping your scenery complexity slider or something like that, as a workaround.

cheers

-andy crosby

Still looking for help for the issue......

As Andy has said a couple times, this is due to the fact that you are using photo real scenery.  You are seeing the image of the stadium exactly where it is in real life and then the hand placed, but slightly off from where it sits in real life, 3d stadium model that comes with either default scenery or some other scenery package that you have.

Photo real will suppress normal autogen from showing at all(which is why things are flat almost everywhere) but it will not suppress hand placed autogen like stadiums, certain iconic buildings, or other points of interest that have been specifically modeled and placed.

I'm not sure of a fix though assuming you want to continue using photo real.  I don't know if an exclusion will work either like Andy suggested earlier or if there is a way to find the object somehow and remove it.  Or, better yet, move it to where it's supposed to be on the photo real image.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Instant Scenery gives you an exclusion tool to cut out any autogen you fancy.

the stadium is not an autogen object; its library object,

anything showing over a Photoreal is usually library objects

Instant Scenery gives you an exclusion tool to cut out any autogen you fancy.

... or Library object you fancy.

the stadium is not an autogen object; its library object,
anything showing over a Photoreal is usually library objects

Ummm! Wonder if this is being caused by GEX North America...  Do I even need GEX if using photo real scenery such as MSE2 and UltraRes Cities.

Frank Patton
ASUS