Sign in to follow this  
mcp5500

2 function rows per button/switch defined by the yoke/joystick trigger button

Scot could it be possible to incorporate a 2 function per button mode within Linda? If the user assigns a button to a New 2 function option feature on the setup page, the assignment pages changes from one row per button or switch to 2 rows for each button or switch, top row for New 2 function button press when it is false and row two for New button press is true. That way the trigger button on yokes and joysticks when pressed and held in, the second row function is selected for all the other buttons and switches. When the trigger button is not pressed, the first row function is selected for each button or switch. The user sets the 2 button option in the setup field by pressing the button they want to use. That button is then not available in the 3 shift mode fields. I think you would get a great response from your users. You could set the second row as a virtual joystick as well if that is easer to implement.

This option has long been in LINDA using the LOCAL and GLOBAL shift. LOCAL allows a trigger/button to add a second function to all buttons on a single device/joystick while GLOBAL applies to all installed devices. I added the option to apply a second and third shift in 2.5.x.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I don't think you are following my idea. I use the 3 shifted modes and global. Controlled by the position Rotory on Saitek yokes and throttles or joysticks. What I am suggesting doubles the number from three possible funtions to 6 per button. Let me explain. I have to give up one button, let's say the trigger button in all three shift modes. You create an option that allows me to assign my trigger button to this new option. When I do that, you create a second yoke joystick that is virtual to the original. Let's call this joystick yoke V. I can go into yoke V and assign functions just like I can in the original. These Functions only become available while I am holding in the trigger button. Otherwise the original yoke or joystick is used. The shifted modes follow yoke V. This gives me 6 functions per button or switch instead of 3. See the code in my last download post and I am assigning 6 possible functions per switch/button. 2 for every shift mode by using the button one as a flaged mode. Down load it and look at the read me file.

Are you saying I can use the local shift, with the 3 shifted moves to assign 6 functions to a single button?

I have enough problems remembering 3 functions per button, let alone 6. The double shift added just extended the existing LOCAL and GLOBAL single shift functionality. The practicality and technicality of implementing your suggestion is not something I wish to undertake.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Awnerable?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK