Sign in to follow this  
csharpe

St. Helena Island (FHSH) airport

Thanks for the info Carlyle much appreciated.

I hope I'm allowed to post screenshots of the scenery in this thread as examples. I've not grabbed any of the AI aircraft, just installed the scenery. Beautiful.

In the crater at the top of Tristan Da Cunha :) 

2016-5-1_11-46-4-576_zpsj8xlsr4e.png

MV Olivia?? (Coincidence of FSX:SE ship gen? ) Environmental disaster... even though that was Nightingale Island

2016-5-1_12-8-19-638_zpsa72qyb9p.png

Edinburgh of the seven seas.

2016-5-1_11-48-37-456_zpsmovicauw.png

Crazy flotilla (probably just FSX:SE ship gen

2016-5-1_12-7-57-308_zpsf5aktdft.png

St. Helena!

2016-5-1_12-4-9-408_zpsino2nxeu.png

Wind turbines

2016-5-1_12-6-46-48_zpssd4uoxpd.png

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Many thanks, works fine in P3Dv3!!

Great to hear that!  Thanks!

I hope I'm allowed to post screenshots of the scenery in this thread as examples. I've not grabbed any of the AI aircraft, just installed the scenery. Beautiful.

Thanks, Mark!

The large container ship is supposed to represent the vessel Basil Read used to build the airport.  ;)  That crazy flotilla comes right off the satellite image.  (All of those boats are hand-placed to the image.)  I had to switch to summer for my screenshots, because I forgot they were going into winter down in Tristan da Cunha.  Edinburgh of the Seven Seas should "green up" nicely for you in summer.  For those craters (and some other water features on hills), I did not "flatten" the water, so if you do not have the "Modified Terrain Textures Config File for FSX" which keeps water textures from turning into rock on the slopes, you will see rock borders from time to time.  If you do decide to apply it, you just want to make sure to back up your "terrain.cfg" first.  Sometimes other addons do not like it...

AVSIM has the file up now!

• Upvote 1

The large container ship is supposed to represent the vessel Basil Read used to build the airport.  ;)  That crazy flotilla comes right off the satellite image.  (All of those boats are hand-placed to the image.) .....

Even more impressive! Thanks for the hard work! Another question - is there some kind of harbour/anchorage for the Basil Read in that location that perhaps my FSX setting don't show? 

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Another question - is there some kind of harbour/anchorage for the Basil Read in that location that perhaps my FSX setting don't show? 

Not that I know of.  What is represented should be relatively close to what is there now.  Before they first started the dock/wharf expansion, it only looked like this: 

It eventually became this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Basil+Read+St+Helena&espv=2&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS607US607&biw=1440&bih=787&tbm=isch&imgil=LSEvNX6cjxvykM%253A%253Bfx6zhT6aMrPBsM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.airport-technology.com%25252Ffeatures%25252Ffeatureatlantic-saint-helena-airport-uk-basil-read%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=LSEvNX6cjxvykM%253A%252Cfx6zhT6aMrPBsM%252C_&usg=__c9onmzFvOCOLnnG6iDBpU6WnFm4%3D&ved=0ahUKEwiQgbaOrrnMAhVCOiYKHbP7B3IQyjcIPw&ei=VTcmV9CCA8L0mAGz95-QBw#tbm=isch&q=St+Helena+temporary+wharf&imgrc=fVPxe24UC7vohM%3A

Thanks!

Carlyle

• Upvote 1

Ahh! NOW it makes perfect sense! Thanks. 

Mark Robinson

Carlyle: Thanks for your rendition of the three islands. A couple of items on the AI side I would like clarification on!

I have been using TTools for many years, but I have not been able to to use it with FSX, as it does not allow you to access FSX as a source. Anyway your flight plans, airports and airplanes do require to be compiled  as FSX traffic bgls- what are you using to achieve this?

In your notes on the MRTT KC30A, you state you use the textures for the AI RAF A330-200_rr and that to use the "The Fruit Stand - (TFS)" base aircraft. TFS has not been functioning for some time and the base package does not seem available. Are you using the base package (it is for FS9) from AVSIM and if so did you make it available for an FSX download?

Brize Norton looks a bit sparse after the "Grayflyer B" package installation - what did you add to it?

Thanks

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Thanks, Martin.

"AI Flight Planner" is best for the "TTools" formatted plans.  You can also use "AIFPC v2010" (works pretty much like TTools did), but "AI Flight Planner" allows you to view the Time Tables, which is very useful!

I discovered the issue with TFS as I was creating the installation guide.  Because I have Ultimate Traffic 2, and they use these models, I used one from there.  Either the FS9 or FSX version will work, but as this was someone else's work (and I didn't know how to get in contact with any of the TFS folks), I didn't feel comfortable uploading it.  I have since found the  "FS2004 Airbus A330-200 Base Package" over at FlightSim.

The only thing I added to Brize Norton was a custom airport background (essentially, the grass).  It is drawn to the specifications of the larger field so that autogen doesn't pop through the aprons.  The default Brize Norton had no gates at all.

Best,

Carlyle

Have just departed FHAW for FHSH in an RAF  VC10 C1K of David Maltby.

The TFS A300-200 is in Avsim, but I sought  TFS textures and fortunately some of the developers gave the zip file reference for the base pack.

I have AIFP. I take that just with placing your traffic BGLs in Scenery>World>Scenery your ai should show up? Not seenat Brize Norton, Ascension or FHSH as yet.

Thanks

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

A couple of teaser shots. FHAW-FHSH 1hr 50 in FSX.

FHSH1.png

FHSH2.png

• Upvote 1

Martin Parr

Have just departed FHAW for FHSH in an RAF  VC10 C1K of David Maltby.

The TFS A300-200 is in Avsim, but I sought  TFS textures and fortunately some of the developers gave the zip file reference for the base pack.

I have AIFP. I take that just with placing your traffic BGLs in Scenery>World>Scenery your ai should show up? Not seenat Brize Norton, Ascension or FHSH as yet.

Thanks

Awesome shots!

The textures for the TFS A300-200 are in AVSIM (my link from the readme.html), but the required model is over at FlightSim.  

The AI Traffic BGLs will only work "out of the box" if the corresponding aircraft titles match the ones referenced by the BGL, i.e.:

AC#1,477,"FAIB Boeing 737-800w British Airways opb Comair LTD"
AC#2,477,"FAIB Boeing 737-800w TUIfly NC revised"
AC#3,335,"Bombardier CRJ 700 Paint4" (This one will work automatically, because it is a default aircraft.)
AC#4,340,"Ai Hercules C130K 178"
AC#5,340,"Ai Hercules C130K 179"

If you don't want to deal with the compile, just go into the aircraft.cfg for each of these planes and make sure the titles match those above.  FHSH is only populated with AI regularly on Saturday between 11:30 and 12:30.  The C-130 arrives daily late in the day.

Best,
Carlyle

is it FS2004 friendly

ja99,

If you need an FS2004 version, I have one in the works!  It's a port from FSX, so not as many bells and whistles, and it's just for St. Helena, but the island is redrawn, landlcass is corrected, and there is a separate mesh package that makes everything "pop".

Best,

Carlyle

If you need an FS2004 version, I have one in the works! It's a port from FSX, so not as many bells and whistles, and it's just for St. Helena, but the island is redrawn, landlcass is corrected, and there is a separate mesh package that makes everything "pop".

Awaiting the FS9 version with great anticipation.

Thank you  x 100 ,RegT

Awaiting the FS9 version with great anticipation.

Keep an eye out for "FS9_St_Helena_Island.zip".  I just submitted it to AVSIM, so give them a few hours to process it.  

And for the FSX guys, Frits Beyer just sent me a custom terminal and tower for FHSH that is just beautiful.  Can't wait to get the update out!

Best,

Carlyle

• Upvote 2