Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

DTG Flight School available on STEAM

You will find the pre-ordering on STEAM.

At the moment for about 15€.

There is also a video trailer and some more Information.

Including the announcement for a Diamond DA42 that will be available later.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441920

Pre-order before 25th April to receive the Diamond DA42 update (complete with bonus content) 60 days before general release.* Visit www.DTGflightschool.com for more information.

Dovetail Games Flight School Features:

• Two high performance training aircraft: Piper PA-18 Super Cub and Piper PA-28 Cherokee
  • A unique pilot profile which keeps track of your progress
  • 15 fun and immersive lessons covering the basics of the LAPL, PPL, and night flying
  • 9 challenging missions
  • Free Flight mode, so you can try out your newfound skills anywhere in the world
System Requirements
  • Minimum:
    • OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    • Processor: Dual Core, 2.5 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 512Mb - 1Gb(DX11)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 40 GB available space

£11.99 for those from the UK.

Give people power to really test their personality.

Under $15 USD just as I predicted. That is the right entry point for aspiring entry level aviators. Not $60.

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Under $15 USD just as I predicted. That is the right entry point for aspiring entry level aviators. Not $60.

It0's also right if you consider it doesn't even come close to offering what the 2 other options "at $60" offer...

Interesting. Wondering what the differences will be between this and the "full" version; if this allows you to fly "anywhere in the world", but what's actually available worldwide is yet to be seen... Hmm...

Also it looks like the trailer isn't in-game footage. Note the relative close distance of the clouds in the screenshots... 

I really wish there were more info readily available, as what's been put out there simply isn't enough. Might be a decent bet for $15 though.

I spend that much for a decent lunch or dinner. I've preordered!

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Its also right if you consider it doesn't even come close to offering what the 2 other options "at $60" offer...

Why would a new simmer need all those other tools that if they dont even understand the basics of taxiing and navigation? So to spend that much money to discover flight simming when those other offerings dont offer you any guidance on how to fly in the first place, is a disservice to the end user. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Why would a new simmer need all those other tools that if they dont even understand the basics of taxiing and navigation? So to spend that much money to discover flight simming when those other offerings dont offer you any guidance on how to fly in the first place, is a disservice to the end user. 

Your comment implies that the other products priced at $60 are overpriced for "an aspiring simmer" and clearly overlook that it's not their goal nor is their content limited to that (even though they do have multiple settings for the novice, as well as lessons, etc.).

If I go by your logic I would say that $5 is the right price for the "aspiring simmer", which is the price of FSX:SE when on sale, and has ton of lessons to get them to learn the basics, and not $15....

In Brazil R$27.99, U$7.66.

Not bad.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Your comment implies that the other products priced at $60 are overpriced for "an aspiring simmer" and clearly overlook that it's not their goal nor is their content limited to that (even though they do have multiple settings for the novice, as well as lessons, etc.).

If I go by your logic I would say that $5 is the right price for the "aspiring simmer", which is the price of FSX:SE when on sale, and has ton of lessons to get them to learn the basics, and not $15....

You mentioned that $5 FSX Steam is when it is on sale. Which I am sure you will find Flight School on sale at some point. The base price is $24.99 which is significantly higher than this simulator even though it is a tweaked re-release of a 10 year old sim. 

Flight school is something different. Custom objects, ORBX Global, 64 bit, HDR, DX11, the list goes on and on. It is a far more modern simulator developed by DTG directly and is optimized for modern hardware. 

The problem with old FSX is that it has voice over instruction. Nothing to the level that has been explained in DTG Flight Simulator. It is a brand new experience for a modern simmer, not a 10 year old one. Those $60 products are in no way marketed towards nor built for new flight sim enthusiasts in this way. They are offered as FSX alternatives, lacking even the most elementary FSX tutorials and guides that gave new simmers an entry point there. 

So yes, I do imply that they are overpriced for someone who is looking to start flight simming from day one. To ask someone, likely young, to come up with $60 which is as much as a AAA software title in todays market, is a high bar to entry and will likely turn more people away at the door than this. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

You are preaching to the choir. I'm in and I already know how to fly. I'm like Fr.Bill, $15 is not stopping me from taking a look.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 4

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

They priced this intro version fair, so sure, I'll give it a try out of curiosity.  Add-ons are what will make or break the real deal though.

We all know this is nothing more than a demo.... I'll pay $15 for a few good missions.

Getting me to pay $hundreds for new addons and ditching my established FSX/P3D collection while P3D is still being developed?  That's a MUCH harder task.

• Upvote 1

On the same boat here as posters above.

Just pre purchased it; If nothing else to show my support for DTG, and see if I can fly that cub with that much ice.