Sign in to follow this  
leghorn

EddieSkyPack - freeware sky colors and environment package

Just to let you all know, guys.

It's a SkyColors and environment pack i created from scratch. It's based on many observations and photos. Colors are not "invented" but taken directly from in-flight videos and photos. My custom shading/ lightning/ fog is included with the pack. It's designed to work with the new shader mod by Pe11e (highly recommended).

Get it from here (for free): https://mega.nz/…

..and don't forget to give your opinion. I'll gladly modify any part of the day.

previews:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

If you like it, i'll upload it here in the library.

Best Regards, 

Vic

• Upvote 5

Looks amazing thanks for the hard work - new shader pack is not ready yet - at least not at dawn and dusk so waiting on that 

Rich Sennett

Not too bad, I like it better than what I had. Thanks for the work! Made it an easy operation on my end.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just an observation I think they maybe over saturated - had to turn down saturation quite a bit and that effects all the other objects in sim

Rich Sennett

I guess everybody will be different, I had to fudge bloom up just a bit.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank for the feedback, guys. Yes, unfortunately each setup is different so now i'm working on a dedicated ReShade profile for the Pack. Hopefully this will equalize our results :)

Thank for the feedback, guys. Yes, unfortunately each setup is different so now i'm working on a dedicated ReShade profile for the Pack. Hopefully this will equalize our results :)

Thanks for your hard work!

Reshade wont equalize what different users see though, as it depends very heavily on monitor settings which you can't know about/account for :(

Wills

Oh, man... I hate to bring this up, but I find it very, very unlikely that part of your "work from scratch" would be identical to part of my work from scratch.

Draw your own conclusions, guys...:

onkiQsK.jpg

Look, I have no problem with people taking my work as a base to make their own sky textures. It's actually something that I encourage -- people are free to make the textures suit their tastes. But if you're going to publish your work based on my work, especially if it includes files that I created practically unaltered, asking for permission is mandatory.

Best regards,

• Upvote 7

Appears he started with your textures but did not change all of them - on another topic Gabriel you need to get on P3D   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Yeah, he should give credit to Gabriel at least for giving him the base for some textures, that's what I would do.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Appears he started with your textures but did not change all of them - on another topic Gabriel you need to get on P3D   :wink:

It's important to say that he only used a few textures that I created. I'd say he actually did most of work himself (I don't know every sky pack available out there from memory to tell anything about the rest of his pack...).

But I can't just overlook his mistake... I hope everyone understands that.

About P3D: I still don't have the money... :sad:

Not only for the sim, but for all addons I'd have to buy to get it as good as my FSX, lol. But making the transition is a project for the future... :tongue:

Yeah, he should give credit to Gabriel at least for giving him the base for some textures, that's what I would do.

On a second thought, it is a possibility that Eddie wasn't aware of that two textures that are from Gabriel. It can happen easily when you make your own sky theme mixed from various sources like REX, Gabriel, HDE, etc, and try to modify them to match your own setup, and later on decided to release it.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

On a second thought, it is a possibility that Eddie wasn't aware of that two textures that are from Gabriel. It can happen easily when you make your own sky theme mixed from various sources like REX, Gabriel, HDE, etc, and try to modify them to match your own setup, and later on decided to release it.

That's true, but he didn't modify my textures to his taste -- he used exactly my work, modifying only lightning settings (that's one pixel in the 32x32 image). Still, you could miss it if it was one file or two, but each time of the day (pre-sunset, sunset, post-sunset etc.) is given by ten files (in order to cover the 10-day cycle of the sim -- you can learn about it on Google). If he only used one of my "sunsets", for instance, that would be ten files. He used my "postsunset1", my "dawn" and my "postdawn2" textures. That's 30 files directly from my pack. Really hard to not be aware of -- especially if you're going to post the pack on Avsim stating that you made it all "from scratch", which implies that you made sure you're not using someone else's work...

Best regards,

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.