Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

New install of Flight and Toolkit recommendations?

Hi,

I recently discovered that my Flight content was once again available through GFWL.  I downloaded Flight and all the content which I had previously purchased.  I seriously investigated Toolkit, installed and everything seemed to work well.  Both in GFWL mode and Toolkit mode.  I converted the FSX scenery from a new Gold install for use in Flight and that worked well for the most part (several landclass problems).  After I installed some ORBX scenery I attempted to once again do a scenery conversion.  I set the ORBX scenery to default and converted again with the "/a" argument and after deselecting and removing FSX world I installed the new conversion.  I had a problem with Flight crashing anywhere near KMRY, for which I had an ORBX update.  I tried deleting all of my ORBX scenery from FSX, once again converting but Flight still crashed anywhere near KMRY.  

As I don't a huge investment in my current installation I intend to completely remove Flight and Toolkit and install from scratch.  I seem to have read the suggestion that Toolkit be used for all downloads.  Can anyone provide me with what they think is the best course to follow and why?

By the way,  after removing Acceleration re-converting and checking KEDW (an area which had bushes on the runway) there were no more bushes but Edwards didn't look much different from the surrounding desert.

Jim F.

If you are doing multiple conversions with different content you need to make sure to delete all the content in the FSX conversion output folder, otherwise some things may not get converted.