Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.28

Hi,

On a clean install of Flight and Toolkit 1.1.28, downloaded all Non-GFWL files and created World scenery from a new install of Gold (disc).  Flew a bit in an area of California in which I'd had problems and all seems well.  Looking forward to checking out the current install and then any additional enhancements.  I haven't examined anything other than the Addon manager but I'm looking forward to doing so.  Thanks Stonelance!

Jim F.

Hi again,

I guess I posted too soon.  Tried GFWL mode and Flight crashed.  This was the problem that I had prior to re-installing Flight but after installing Toolkit 1.1.28.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Once again,

Tried Unmodified mode and it worked fine.  Not sure what the significance of this mode is but it appears to be the same as GFWL but no GFWL login; so no multiplayer.  It seems that it has the same control settings as GFWL mode.  It appears that the problem with GFWL mode is related to logging in.

Haven't been able to identify the problem but here's more info.

Errors just a few seconds after selecting.  Same problem by starting thru GFW Marketplace or double clicking Flight.exe.

Here's what I see:

BadStart.jpg

Found this after investigating:

NewError.jpg

Checked to see if MSVCR100.dll was present and it was.  Don't know what to check further.

Ok, i'll try to take a look. What language are you using?

Oh, actually I happened to make it work now. I set the heading value to 0 and it accepted the aerocache. Before, I tried to use a heading of 122.84215128, but this didn't work somehow. Aren't we talking about degrees from 0° to 359° in this context?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more aerocaches now!

Yeah, should be in degrees, but maybe the decimal is screwing something up?  Heading probably shouldn't matter for aerocaches anyway since their direction doesn't really matter.

Should Addon Manager 1.15 still work for adding new aerocaches?

I have tried to add a new one several times, and it will not go.

I get the "File does not exist" error, and when I clear it, it says "addon manager has stopped working".

I restart addon manager and repeat the process, same result.

Should Addon Manager 1.15 still work for adding new aerocaches?

I have tried to add a new one several times, and it will not go.

I get the "File does not exist" error, and when I clear it, it says "addon manager has stopped working".

I restart addon manager and repeat the process, same result.

It worked for me a few days ago. The error message sounds like there is a problem when uploading the preview pictures.

@majuh

I believe my Addon Manager problem is related to uploading the preview pics.  I created a link on Onedrive, and even on my local drive but with the same result. "File does not exist".  Did you get one to load OK?  Where is it?

You should be specifying the image from your local hard drive and the tool will upload it to my ftp as part of the submittal process.

Success!

Able to add new aerocache.  Thanks Steve,

Also Majuh, I found your new one. Niagra Falls.

I just checked your new aerocache and I think you got the ICAO code wrong. You entered KCGN although it needs to be KGCN. This is why the game can't spawn you at the correct airport right now. The aerocache itself seems to work fine, though.

@majuh

A bit rusty at making these.  I also set the distance too close for the notification symbol.

Is there a way to go back in and edit?

Not right now.  I didn't want to add that in case people used it maliciously.  I think I can easily delete it for you and you can resubmit it.  Which one do you need to change?

@stonelance

I agree, that could get messy. 

Please delete "Canyon Run!".  I have more I would like to submit.

Thanks,

Tom