Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

PMDG 777 FSX:SE

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the PMDG 777 and i have a quick question.

I have FSX and have installed the PMDG into FSX. 

I'm wondering if i am able to have the PMDG 777 installed on FSX Steam at the same time? 

I've opened the installer again but it only gives me the option to uninstall or repair so is this not an option?

Michael.

I have FSX and have installed the PMDG into FSX.

I'm wondering if i am able to have the PMDG 777 installed on FSX Steam at the same time?

I've opened the installer again but it only gives me the option to uninstall or repair so is this not an option?

Hi, Michael,

Recent versions of the 777 do work just fine with Steam.  What  version of the 777 do you have?  The current version is 1.10.7025.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

He's asking if it can be installed in parallel, FSX and FSX:SE versions on the same PC...

I guess it can't...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

He's asking if it can be installed in parallel, FSX and FSX:SE versions on the same PC...

I guess it can't...

Yes it can.  It is on my system, with no tweaking at all.  The current version works just fine with a dual FSX install.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thx for the info Mike!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Hello guys

After a long time I'm about to purchase the PMDG 777 today. I have one question, having read some of the posts, is the installer for FSX:SE different from the FSX? Must I pay particular attention when downloading the installer? Just want to be very sure.

I am a noob to flight simulation hence the noobish question. 

Thank you guys

The installer for FSX / FSX:SE is the same. No attention required - it should sort out the version(s) you have installed.

Please do READ the README because it includes important information about where to find and run the installers for the various versions of SIMCONNECT that come with FSX:SE and can be found under subfolders of the main sim folder.

If you don't care about shadows, use DX9 mode. It'll get you the best performance ( at least it did in my case... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Hi 

I purchased the 777 and did a flight from VCBI to WSSS. About one hour from arrival my fsx:se started to stop and resume; more like lagging. To be precise there is a lag of 6 secs every 6 secs of continuity. 

I never faced this issue until the time I started flying the 777. Is this a known error? Will anyone be able to assist me on this?

Will anyone be able to assist me on this?

Sure, first note that full names on all posts are required in the PMDG forums.  Also since you just installed the 777, please share if you have read the Introduction and followed the recommendations for setting up FSX as well as the "Steam users please read me" readme file.  Finally, there is a tutorial flight that all first time users really should do, as many times as required.

A common reason for stutters is the FSUIPC backup. Disable that if used.

Finally, this is a users forum.  You can get help direct from PMDG as explained in the Introduction document and their web site at PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

I never faced this issue until the time I started flying the 777. Is this a known error? Will anyone be able to assist me on this?

As Dan mentioned, I'm relatively certain that this is an FSUIPC auto-save issue. Simply turn auto-save off.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Dan

I posted my signature below. Belief that would suffice? If no I will write my name out. Secondly regarding the settings, yes i have abided the readme and made the appropriate setting changes.

Now that you mentioned FSUIPC, that might be the case. I am flying for Singapore Virtual Airline which requires FSUIPC to connect to the client. But The only way to be sure is to disable it and try a flight. 

In regards to the training flight I completed it a few weeks ago, on my friend's sim :Tounge:  , before I made the decision to purchase this. The mechanics are not of an issue now. Its just the stutter.  

I will try and Diable FSUIPC, if it does not work I will contact PMDG Support.

Thank you so much

Riyach H.

Hi Kyle

I am doing it right away! Thank you too!

Belief that would suffice?

I had assumed so earlier, but no - it needs both first and last name.

I will try and Diable FSUIPC, if it does not work I will contact PMDG Support.

FSUIPC itself is fine. Just turn off auto-save.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

Roger on both! Thank you once again

Riyach Hussain

Roger on both! Thank you once again

You're welcome. Thanks for making the adjustment.

Kyle Rodgers