Sign in to follow this  
Best

Help

Lately when I fly the NGX the FO keeps arming the spoilers, lowering the landing gear and turning off the packs on the ground and in flight. Very annoying. Any ideas why this happens?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

Lately when I fly the NGX

If it was fine before, and I assume it was since you said 'lately',  re-run the Voice Training again and double check the tutorials.  Perhaps even create a new voice profile.

Also double check the CVR logs via the Config Manager.

The speech system is probably hearing you issue these commands somehow.

Watch the green bar.

Keep your mic a bit further a way from your mouth / adjust the mic sensitivity.

For the spoiler, I don't think there's any voice command for arming the spoilers, so that one I'm not sure about.

Cheers,

I created a new voice profile but same thing. When the FO speaks the green bar sais packs off/packs auto and after the FO finishes speaking the packs go off. I am not saying a word when this happens. When the autopilot disconnects and the spoilers arm there are no commands in the green bar. The spoilers move to arm and I have to reset all the time. Also the landing gear keeps going to the on position from off. I cant leave the flight because the autopilot keeps turning off. Could this be FSUIPC issue combined with FS2crew or just a FS2crew re-install?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

Autopilot turning off by itself...  please check the PMDG forum.  That could be 10 different things.

Spoilers arm... I suspect you have a key assignment also connected to the spoiler that you may be unaware of, probably via FSUIPC.

Packs:  What's happening I think is that your microphone is "hearing" the sound of the FO coming out of your speakers.  So the FO is basically responds to his own voice.  Try keeping your mic further away from your speakers, or use a headset.

Cheers,

I agree about the packs turning off from the FO hearing the sounds from the mic. I ran the flight without FS2crew and the pack issue is gone. However the  autopilot keeps turning off, gear keeps going down and spoilers keep arming itself. Must be a FSUIPC issue. There was a update to FSUIPC so I updated and re-calibrated but same thing. I checked for key conflicts but not finding any, strange.

George Lee

However the  autopilot keeps turning off, gear keeps going down and spoilers keep arming itself. Must be a FSUIPC issue. There was a update to FSUIPC so I updated and re-calibrated but same thing. I checked for key conflicts but not finding any, strange.

You could try to isolate by disabling FSUIPC and seeing what happens.

I'd also re-install the 737 NGX... re-installing can often clear up weird gremlins.

I solved the issues with FSUIPC with re-configuring the keys, not sure what went wrong but it's fixed. I still have the issue with the the FO constantly turning off the packs. It doesn't seem to just happen when the FO speaks but any noise will trigger the packs off command. Sometimes I see the green bar packs off flash several times, then the FO will repeat several times packs off. What do you suggest I do to get rid of this. Very annoying.

George Lee

I think I did turn the sensitivity down but will check again when I am home. I did move the speakers back and gone as far as turning the volume down but how low do I do this. What's changed, I've have the same setup for a long time now and was fine.

No headset

George Lee

George,

Hard to explain, but what's happening is that your mic is picking up sound, probably the FO talking, and the system is interpreting that as a packs off command.

If you look at your CVR log, I'm sure you will see that "Set Packs Off" is being picked up.

If not, then my only other thought is you're doing something with a packs off takeoff.

I adjusted  the sensitivity and it seems to be working. Thanks

George Lee