Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

MilViz-BeechB55v2.160429 Update

I received an email from Simmarket about Baron update MilViz-BeechB55v2.160429. I looked everywhere for update notes and could find nothing. Then I tried to install it but I was careful to back up my working version which dates back to MV_B55_FSX_V3.150525. Well after about 10 tries I finally gave up and went to my back up version. The latest version will not install properly. The user is presented with a list of things to choose from with no installation instructions or notes. I tried every combination I could imagine to load just the GTN 750 and it just doesn't happen. The GTN will appear as a pop up but not in the panel. Installer needs more work. Really nice airplane but it seems MilViz is trying to do too much with the installer.

GTN only works if you own the GTN unit(s). The installer should be familiar enough to not need instructions. While developing the installer, I tested it on every version of sim, and every possible combination of options, as have a dozen beta testers.

In fact, to just install the basic aircraft don't select any options at all, as the "Full Aircraft" is pre-selected for you.

You must of course pick which sim you wish to install to. The correct path should be picked up from the Registry. If not, then the Browse button will allow for manual selection.

After installation, there is a CHANGE_LOG.txt file listing all of the changes made.

These are the only two items to check to to install the Full Aircraft and the GTN740/GNS430 combination. You have to edit the aircraft.cfg manually to enable the correct panel and model folders as outlined in the PDF popup instructions:

oIwMi.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Download the update v2.160429, ran the installer, went for the GTN750_GNS430 version, altered the Aircraft file as instructed. up and running in P3D v2.23.

just a small problem for my setup in so much I have two cockpit views set up in EZdoc, An Approach view and a Pilot view and for some odd reason I lose the mouse click spots in the Pilot view.

doesn't happen in the c310 or any other airplanes. most odd.

anyways just like to thank the MilViz team for keeping the B55 and C310 updated for P3D.

bob

GTN only works if you own the GTN unit(s). The installer should be familiar enough to not need instructions. While developing the installer, I tested it on every version of sim, and every possible combination of options, as have a dozen beta testers.

In fact, to just install the basic aircraft don't select any options at all, as the "Full Aircraft" is pre-selected for you.

You must of course pick which sim you wish to install to. The correct path should be picked up from the Registry. If not, then the Browse button will allow for manual selection.

After installation, there is a CHANGE_LOG.txt file listing all of the changes made.

These are the only two items to check to to install the Full Aircraft and the GTN740/GNS430 combination. You have to edit the aircraft.cfg manually to enable the correct panel and model folders as outlined in the PDF popup instructions:

oIwMi.png

Thanks for answering Father. Yes I do own the gtn 750 and I tried all manner of different box checks to see what happened, including checking them all. Then, as you suggest, I edited the aircraft.cfg as described in the .pdf. But when I loaded the aircraft the bezels were visible but no GTN. It would appear as a pop up but not in the panel. Well, probably some error on my part. I'll give 'er another go tomorrow. BTW, do you have a sense of what was added in the update? Maybe installer only changes?

Mainly minor bug fixes to the fuel flow gauges, and addition of the multiple options for the installer to use. Each variation requires a new model and panel.cfg file. Also minor XML difference between FSX/SE and P3Dv3.2.3.xxxx require a modified .CAB gauge file. All of this is handled automatically by the installer program.

The reason for the "Unified Installers" is that it was getting ridiculous to have as many as fourteen separate installers for one aircraft... :blink:

...just a small problem for my setup in so much I have two cockpit views set up in EZdoc, An Approach view and a Pilot view and for some odd reason I lose the mouse click spots in the Pilot view.

Make certain that your eyepoint isn't inside the headrest when using the "Pilot View." Having a mesh (even if invisible) between your eyepoint and the switches will cause the mouse recognition to be blocked.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Make certain that your eyepoint isn't inside the headrest when using the "Pilot View." Having a mesh (even if invisible) between your eyepoint and the switches will cause the mouse recognition to be blocked.

Yes you are right, slight adjustment to the EZdok camera view did the trick. mouse click and drag the seat back solves it as well but you lose the pilot in spot view.

many thanks ..bob