Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Thinking of a DC-9......Maddog or SkySim's?

Thinking of adding a DC-9 to my hangar but am not sure whether to opt for the Maddog version, or SkySim's latest v2 version.

If anyone has either/both, which one would they recommend? Used to PMDG complexity, so that is no issue for me,systems-wise.

Thanks.

Hi, it will depend of which simulator are you running. If you're with FSX, the Maddog is the way to go. If you're running P3Dv2 or v3, I believe the Maddog is not compatible and the only option would be the SkySims's.

Cheers

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks, Ed and Joel.

Running FSX-SE but I also have P3D v.2.5, Have not made the switch to v 3.xx. Am still sitting on the fence on that

Is the Coolsky FSX-SE or P3D v2.5 compatible?.

EDIT: Ignore that last question as I've just seen it is. Flight1's offering............................hmmm. Food for thought, as I have read plus/minus things.

Actually, the Leonardo Maddog is compatible with P3D.  Check the Flythemaddog forums, their is a post there to help get it working (doesn't take much as I recall).

I've flown all the other FSX/P3D DC-9 / MD-80 sims, and  you couldn't pull me out of the Leonardo Maddog.  Shared Cockpit in the Maddog is INCREDIBLE, especially on VATSIM and MOST especially during a VATSIM event.

Best wishes to all!

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks, Dave. Even more food for thought.

Glad I asked here before taking the plunge and buying blind.

Actually, the Leonardo Maddog is compatible with P3D.  Check the Flythemaddog forums, their is a post there to help get it working (doesn't take much as I recall).

I've flown all the other FSX/P3D DC-9 / MD-80 sims, and  you couldn't pull me out of the Leonardo Maddog.  Shared Cockpit in the Maddog is INCREDIBLE, especially on VATSIM and MOST especially during a VATSIM event.

Best wishes to all!

I saw a post before (can't remember if it was here on Avsim or not) saying that the Leonardo Maddog is compatible with P3D v3. I'm running v2.5 though like Rick. Is there anything saying it works? Haven't flown that plane in ages. I remember how much fun it was to fly...

+1 for Coolsky. Looks great and good systems modeling.

Used to love the Maddog but the VC is very dated graphically. Great systems though.

Eddie
KABQ

Would love to see one of them make the other -9 variants someday.  Would absolutely love to see a DC-9-10 and -50 with that kind of detail.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Speaking about the Sky Sim DC-9, can anyone tell me if the liveries come included with the download, or do you need to download them from the site? I'm thinking of buying it and tried to download liveries to make sure I could, but it looks like the download service is down. 

Hi - SkySim DC-9 liveries have to be downloaded from their website.  There are a few others in the AVSIM library, I believe.

Unfortunately for me, I could not get the Coolsky DC-9 to work in P3D v3.2, so I went with the SkySim one....not as thorough as the Coolsky one, but it will have to do in P3D unless/until they update theirs to work in that sim.  Fortunately, it works great in FSX-SE, so I can still fly it when I want, as I have both sims installed.

The Leonardo Maddog works in FSX-SE, but not in P3D (at least for me).

Hope this helps...

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Wow, Jim. Great input there. Appreciated.

Just acquired the Sky Simulations DC-9 v2.1 which was on Special Offer from Just Flight(offer on  till Thursday UK 2pm)

Can anyone give me any tips on installing the Repaints? I have downloaded the Pre-Livery Tool and downloaded a handful of Repaints but cannot find this Tool to install the Repaints.

Any assistance, appreciated.

Rick,

Can you tell me if this Special Offer V2.1 Sky Sim DC-9 includes the liveries shown in the screenshots on the JustFlight product page? Previous versions only installed the Douglas house liveries and I had great difficulty getting the addon liveries from SkySim's website to install.

Would be willing to take a chance on this new version if I knew the TWA twin globes and SAS old colors liveries shown would be there automatically on initial installation without a headache.

Thanks,

John

Best wishes to all!

Hi Dave I tried but failed to get it working , can you reference said post? I would love to get it working in P3D.  I've searched google for an answer and on their forums a few times but never came up with anything that got it to where I could put  a load out  and get the VC to work 100% even with EMT. 

Thanks