Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

Got the notification but.....

Not available on my Wilco account

?

Very strange! Go to your download, there are installer for each sim versions.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Very strange! Go to your download, there are installer for each sim versions.

Look two posts above :)

Well someone has to ask so here goes - can we stick a GTN 750 in it (Bert)?

Paul, I have bought this plane but am away from home. This has allowed me to read the quite extensive PDF documentation and I can say that your wish will not work as they make a point of stating that there is no GPS and that the systems work on a FMS in the same way that the 738NG works and for the same reason a GTN 750 would not work. If the plane systems work as I hope, there should be no need for a 750. Time will tell. What I can say though, unlike what someone said, the Manuals are very good and very extensive (not Carenado stuff here). Oh, you may need to download them from Wilco seperately. I'm not sure if they are included in the plane download file. Notwithstanding they are available as a seperate zip file download.

I will be downloading ver 1.2 so I'm hoping for a reasonable stable introduction to this plane.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Anybody?

Nico van Jaarsveld

The following topic might be of interest - http://www.avsim.com/topic/442316-fsx-crashing-constantly-net-framework-hresult-0xc000014b/#entry2990359

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Must say what an improvement my first completed flight in months.

Still these are not attended to:

1. VOR2 direction still incorrect with no DME

Support replies that the Falcon 7X doesn't have a DME on VOR2

Nico van Jaarsveld

FAWB

Must say what an improvement my first completed flight in months.

Still these are not attended to:

1. VOR2 direction still incorrect with no DME

Support replies that the Falcon 7X doesn't have a DME on VOR2

Nico van Jaarsveld

FAWB

From the Falcon 7x AFM

GENERAL The FMS functions include: - Position computation, - Lateral navigation (LNAV), - Vertical navigation (VNAV), - Speed management, - Performances prediction and computation, - Flight plan management / edition. There are three FMS systems that all use the following devices to compute position and performance data: - Two GPS modules, - Two VOR receivers, - Two DME, - Three IRS.

DME SYSTEM The Distance Measuring Equipment allows to transmit an UHF signal to the selected station. The ground station receives this signal and transmits a reply back to the airplane. The DME module records the round trip time of this signal exchange and computes slant range, ground speed and time to station. DME function is performed by: - DME1 module located in MRC1, - DME2 module located in MRC2, - Antennas associated to DME1 and DME2. The DME contains a transmitter and receiver module, along with all the processing circuitry. The DME operates over the frequency band 960.0 to 1215.0 MHz in 1 MHz increments and has six channels. The DME has a selectable hold mode allowing the pilot to hold the current DME station data on the display and tune the VOR or ILS to a different frequency. If hold is selected, the DME will continue to display information of the station that was the primary radio-navigation frequency when the hold mode was checked, even if the pilot changes radio-navigation frequencies.

Finally, FIGURE 02-34_10-20-03 - shows that VOR 2 has a DME-H (DME HOLD) feature. 

Seems to me, once again, Wilco is misinformed about the avionics capability of the real aircraft they based their product on or they may have found the odd ball Falcon 7x that did not come with DME 2.

Talking about gauges:

No weather radar and TCAS not working or not simulated?

Nico van Jaarsveld

FAWB

PS Adding my own VOR2 gauge with DME thanks Wilco for nothing

Hi everybody!

Aeroplane Heaven produce the plane for Wilco, see here:

Edited by Jim Young
Link removed. Direct links to product stores is not allowed.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Now I understand no wonder

I am giving up with this piece of crap to file 13 with you.

Nico van Jaarsveld

FAWB

Oups sorry for posting the product store link! In fact the only place I found the information.

Patrick Mussotte

Not a problem.  We just do not allow free advertising placed on a silver platter so to speak.  We still allow "dead" links like wwwdotavsimdotcom.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am getting to old for this now even internet police

Nico van Jaarsveld

FAWB

With Wilco / Airplane Heaven this explains the Jekyll and Hyde customer service out of these people. You get Tiffany (Wilco) who is pleasant and helpful but then she forwards your question to someone else who comes back as rude and dismissive.

AVSIM has been blocking urls, even in a couple of cases to free sites. You may have seen an explosion in commercial members, that is the reason. If you own a site and want to advertise it here you need to pay. Someone has to keep the lights on at AVSIM and I guess this commercial membership for links in the forums is part of their plan.