Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Drzewiecki Design grass

It's a simple Detail1.bmp file, one for summer and one for winter and it does exactly as you see on the pictures, on the product page. I'm not installing the package anymore, I just copied the file to my backup disc and when I need it I copy it to the Prepar3D/texture folder.

Cheers!

Maarten

I already had a higher definition detail1.bmp file in FS2004 (sorry I can't remember where from) so this made no difference, my existing one is for all seasons so I've re-installed it from backup. One thing to watch with other HD detail1.bmp files is that although grass textures look better, snow can have lines/stripes or other repeated patterns in it.

Where to get:

• Look at the table on the top of this page. There are links to all websites where you can download this product.

Maybe I'm blind .. as I can't find any link for download the free grass :)

Edit

Ok find it ....

It's like a drivel LOL

It'd be good if people were able to post screenshots of their grass and say which detail1.bmp file they are using. I find you have to be very careful, as the one I was using, although it made the grass look good, had unwanted side effects. You could look here - one downside from the file I was using is shown in post #16.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488055-odd-ground-texture-problem/page-2

I have tried several and currently gone back to the fs9 default file, but an improvement, without these side effects, would be very welcome.

Didn't manage to install. Ran the installer, pointed it to the folder, installer runs fine, detail.bmp in folder still old one.

Didn't manage to install. Ran the installer, pointed it to the folder, installer runs fine, detail.bmp in folder still old one.

Where did you get the file? Because there is a updated version here in the library. The file name is drzewieckidesigngrass_335654.zip. The title says High Quality Snow and Grass Textures ** UPDATED VERSION **

Im am not exactly sure what the difference is between this one and the one from the Drzewiecki Design website though. Maybe this one in the library will work for you?

Thanks Joseph, I actually used the one from avsim.

I installed it, but had to find the file in the download and insert in in the scenery folders manually as the self installer is set up only for the default (x86) location.  I found the effect only worked with the plane on or near the ground and the grass area was very jittery if the plane was parked on it.  For the above reasons a returned to the stock textures.

I dont like that you cant point the installer to anyone else but the default folder. Thats a little annoying. I like to view stuff before I install it.

I have three 'FS9 folders' for that reason. My full installation ('FS9'), one clean 'out-of-the-box' installation ('FS9-Clean') and one made by a batch script which copies the latter, but adds no files, so you just have the folder structure ('FS9-Blank'). So long as these all have the same root drive, you can just change names so that one of the 'dummies' is now called 'FS9' (renaming your full FS setup folder first of course) and then installers put all their files there - the registry information, if entered, is the same of course.

Especially useful to install to the 'blank' version (you have to add an fs9.exe and scenery.cfg so that it is recognised as a valid FS9 installation), as a search for 'All Files' in that folder will then show every file that has been installed. Or you can copy them to the 'Clean' installation and see the files working there in the sim. (I wrote another batch file to clean them up when you've finished and just have the 'virgin' installation there again for next time).

When happy, you can then copy and paste the files & folders across to your real FS9 folder, taking note of what you move/copy of course, and well, no worries as to an installation being messed up, as of course can happen, with key files being 'silently' replaced, as everything is now done manually and you are asked about overwriting any files... Rename things back as they were and you're done.

Maybe I didn't look carefully enough at the installer path - I thought it pointed at my non-default location. Will check tonight.