Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

LOVING IT!

Working B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L-Y , but still not with my home hardware.... because I am still testing it in an old laptop, and it runs all MAXED OUT!!! That's next test, installing in my home pc, now void of any other sims...

Love the graphics and the default aircraft

Love the UI

Love the scenery and the aircraft flight dynamics, even being default.

And EVEN MY LPMN  ( just recently inaugurated ) is there !!!!!

Airports are updated - just checked EDDF and it has the new 25R / 07L

I couldn't ask for more, specially because I knew what it wouldn't have, so, I am really ver satisfied so far.

I don't mind at all not having real world weather and the scenarios work just as good as in FSX. Of course I look forward for detailled weather in their upcoming flight sim.

• Upvote 6

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I agree, so far I am really enjoying flight school.

Jeff

😀

SO shud I buy it ?  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

HumptyDumpty -

SO shud I buy it ?

As many have said, we've bought aircraft at more than twice the price that we never fly.

For $15 it helps DoveTail and it's fun.

Flown about for 45 minutes in free flight, I'm enjoying it. The flight model does feel better than FSX default.

Anyone flown in the thunderstorm yet? It's a blast.

• Upvote 1

SO shud I buy it ?

Unless you are very curious, like me, and just want to see what DT has done, then NO. If you own FSX or P3D there is nothing here that is worth it at any price.

The graphics are a dogs dinner, which is very sad.

I just hope DT listen and do better for the full FS. Its need a lot of work that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

HumptyDumpty -

As many have said, we've bought aircraft at more than twice the price that we never fly.

For $15 it helps DoveTail and it's fun.

Flown about for 45 minutes in free flight, I'm enjoying it. The flight model does feel better than FSX default.

Anyone flown in the thunderstorm yet? It's a blast.

OK.

Unless you are very curious, like me, and just want to see what DT has done, then NO. If you own FSX or P3D there is nothing here that is worth it at any price.

I just hope DT listen and do better for the full FS. Its need a lot of work that's for sure.

FSX it's out the window.  P3d not for me, maybe in the future.

I use Xplane and DCS.  

Xplane at least gives me what I always wanted, near to real geolocated stuff.   NO DEBATES PLEASE ANYONE.

Lets wait for a few days, definitely screens and stuff will show up.

From now on, and until DTG Flight Sim gets released, DTG will be my only sim...

That pretty much expresses my opinion :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Xplane at least gives me what I always wanted, near to real geolocated stuff. NO DEBATES PLEASE ANYONE.

Just a heads up, you really can't come on to a public forum and state your opinion/point of view then state in bold "NO DEBATES PLEASE ANYONE."

That's not how it works, either be prepared to debate and defend your position (polity) or just don't post.

• Upvote 5

I agree the sim itself doesn't really add anything for the simmer who already has FSX, P3D or X-Plane.

But like everyone else, I was curious. I had to see the sim in action. It gives us a rough idea of what their full flight sim will be like in terms of user-interface, design, rendering techniques etc. It's also a great way for DTG to collect feedback.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Theres no big WOW factor but it is very smooth, and has alot of potential. My lessons flights were using 5.7GB of VAS lol.

Lots of things need improvement, including the instructor. But hey P3D V1 sucked and so did FSX in its infant stages. I wouldnt say it sucks, but the teething process ha begun.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It says "installing..." but I never gave it a drive to install.. 

It better not be installing on my c drive. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just a heads up, you really can't come on to a public forum and state your opinion/point of view then state in bold "NO DEBATES PLEASE ANYONE."

That's not how it works, either be prepared to debate and defend your position (polity) or just don't post.

why shudn't I post Glynn.  I said what "I always wanted".  anyway let it rest. 

From now on, and until DTG Flight Sim gets released, DTG will be my only sim...

That pretty much expresses my opinion :-)

So you are going to fly around in what is essentially stock FSX with Orbx Global for the next 6-12 months with three moderately modeled airplanes, no real weather, no add-on airports, etc.?

Call me skeptical, but I think you'll have it uninstalled by next month.  :P

• Upvote 6

NO by tomorrow is my guess :)

• Upvote 1

So you are going to fly around in what is essentially stock FSX with Orbx Global for the next 6-12 months with three moderately modeled airplanes, no real weather, no add-on airports, etc.?

If flightschool is a sim call me Ronald Reagan !