Sign in to follow this  
flightdynamics

GSX - sound not working

Anybody had an issue with GSX where it fails to initialise audio device?

I've got no sound from GSX. When I go into the sound settings my USB headphones aren't listed on the drop down menu. Instead it says "has failed to initialise audio device". I've installed the Realtek sound drivers from the motherboard disk and headphone drivers but still no luck. The USB headphones in question are the Sennheiser PC323D headphones. They work with other applications fine such as TeamSpeak so Windows is recognising them as a device. I can also hear the sound of the sim through my headphones fine. I've gone into the P3D sound settings and set the correct playback and recording device etc. but it still doesn't fix the issue. I did try to re-install GSX and it cured the issue, but only for one flight. The issue is back again!

Has anybody experienced this issue or know how to fix it?

Kind regards,

Charlie.

Anybody had an issue with GSX where it fails to initialise audio device?

I've got no sound from GSX. When I go into the sound settings my USB headphones aren't listed on the drop down menu. Instead it says "has failed to initialise audio device". I've installed the Realtek sound drivers from the motherboard disk and headphone drivers but still no luck. The USB headphones in question are the Sennheiser PC323D headphones. They work with other applications fine such as TeamSpeak so Windows is recognising them as a device. I can also hear the sound of the sim through my headphones fine. I've gone into the P3D sound settings and set the correct playback and recording device etc. but it still doesn't fix the issue. I did try to re-install GSX and it cured the issue, but only for one flight. The issue is back again!

Has anybody experienced this issue or know how to fix it?

Kind regards,

Charlie.

By any chance was this followed by a Couatl crash on the previous session?. I get those every once in a while. The next time you run you'll have no sound. To fix this in the GSX sound settings, there's a checkbox on the bottom of the dialog I think it says something like detect on restart or something like that. It should be available, click it and press OK. When GSX reloads, go back into the sound settings, It will probably still show no device, but your available audio devices should now be listed on the drop down menu. Select the one you are using and press Ok again. You should now have your sound back when GSX restarts.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I don't get a crash no. I believe that's why it doesn't try initialising the sound device because if it does, your sim will crash, apparently. I've tried plugging my headset in a different USB port and it seems ok now. I'll have to keep testing it.

Ok, so it seems to be working ok now. I've plugged it into a different USB. Bearing in mind that the USB I did use was USB3.0 and now I'm using it on a USB2.0 so that might have been the problem.