Sign in to follow this  
pots

Felis Tu-154M

Tu-154M from Felis is released (developed since January 2014), waiting for reviews. Seems to be hardcore classic jet from year 1968 - with enough work for 3-member crew. Real docs are included, no tutorial so far.

Pots

• Upvote 1

A true reference, as anything from this often forgotten author of the best add-ons for X-Plane!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

IXEG, Felis Tu-154, PMDG DC-6 ... we've been waiting years for these and they all get released now :D

Regards,

Radek

Looks like the time is approaching for me to finally go for X-Plane 10. Now to find the money for a new flightsim rig ...

Indeed, great times ahead for X -Plane 10!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wanted to take a look for curiosity, but could not find at the org or here after a quick search. Is there a link for this? Thanks in advance!

Best, Jeff

EDIT: I found it at the org store. Wasn't looking there. 

Well I'm a huge fan of the AN-24 so it wasn't even a question that I would have to get the Tu-154 as well. After a little hiccup with the sounds (for some reason, the sound sliders in settings/sounds had been reset to zero, even though I never touched these settings) I've fired the Tupolev up and went for a short flight. It went fairly well, apart from a little engine fire and a slightly dented fence at the destination airport, but it sure was fun!

The aircraft is, in short, outstanding. Visually, it can't compete with some other offerings such as the IXEG (the textures aren't great) but it looks fine overall. But the real fun is to operate all the gazillion switches on all those various panels, half of them hidden at obscure angles, and to explore all the idiosyncrasies of those systems. There's hardly any switch or lever that can't be operated, and it comes with working weather radar, terrain radar, and TCAS (something some other developers have had their difficulties with!).

No idea wether the flight model is accurate or not, but it feels spot on. I tried a few stalls and discovered that the AoA gauge is there for good reason... I went into an unrecoverable stall very quickly, a pretty scary experience.

There's a very good startup tutorial by Felis:

A really good reference for a cold&dark startup, as the procedures involved are slightly different from a Boeing.

• Upvote 2

I am liking this. Think I'll have to get this one and the soon-to-be released DC-6. Expensive month.. Anyone find any good reviews for the Tuploev?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Have to do a bit of a shout-out about this aircraft. You guys owe it to yourself to get this one. It's freaking awesome. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It is freaking awesome, yes. The yearn to fly this one is currently greater than other aircrafts I have, and basically I have all the best of the X-Plane aircraft.

I'm looking forward to fly it online, but first step is to master it enough.