Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Question on networked set up

I have a networked configuration with FSX/P3D working on the server and ASN, EFB  and vPilot running on the client. Everything works quite fine. On the server I have two parallel OS installation on two separate SSDs, one for FSX and another one for P3D...actually it is as if I had two different computer, as I have two different "computer names". On the client I have the simconnect.cfg file that I have to modify every time I swich from FSX to P3D to take into account the fact that the server name (or IP) has changed. Not a big issue, but I would like to know if it is possible to list in the simconnect.cfg on the client multiple servers names, as indicated here below, in order to avoid editing the file every time:

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4
Address=xxxxx
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

[simConnect.1]

Protocol=IPv4
Address=yyyyy
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

I have seen somewhere in the forums this format is possible, but the point is if I modify my simconnect.cfg accordingly on the Client, it doesn 't work, i.e. ASN is no longer able to connect to FSX (or P3D). What am I missing ? Should I also modify something on the simconnect.xml file on the server in order to make it work ?

Thanks for your suggestions

Regards

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

When a SimConnect client is started, it requires a parameter denoting the index of the configuration to use. This defaults to 0, meaning the [simConnect] entry. Unless the addon developer provided something to change that index for his addon, you are stuck with the default.

You could create two different files, one for each network config, and use a batchfile to switch between them. That would reduce the "editing" to a doubleclick.

LORBY-SI