Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Can we please let MS Flight lie in peace.....?

Nothing is more beautiful than P3Dv3... from artist point of view!  CS6 and Quixel user!!!  DX11 magic!

Well, before we go around calling each other names.... lets make sure we have our definitions correct........  :smile:  (note: This is a fun post. Any resemblance to a real person, living or dead.... etc)

internet-troll-by-woody-hearn_zpszt0dlyq

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well Devon, that is priceless! :LMAO:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I self identify as a genius so as far I am concerned anyone on the internet who disagrees with me is a Troll.

Hi José,

Its the FSX Beech Baron which was discussed around last December here. It has been converted by FS-Tester in the FSDeveloper forums and is now in its final beta stage.

It should be here in about 2-3 weeks.

Excellent news, thank you for the update Kavinda!

Re: MS Flight coming again to the fore: for me, it was a program about Hawai'i which largely prompted me to return to MS Flight; however, the release of DTG: Flight Sim did trigger partially my return to Flight, through nostalgia and at a purely cognitive level by reminding me that there are other simulators out there.

I admire MS Flight because it was a fair effort and a simulator with a lot of potential. It was ended quickly, but I admire also that users and previous developers wish to sustain parts of it. For a 4 year-old 32-bit product, it runs surprisingly well and is a reminder (for better or worse) that had it been continued (and/or produced as a 64-bit simulator), then it could have been even better.

Usually I fly X-Plane 10 for the realism of long-haul flights and as a study-sim; however, the graphics, weather and flight physics, and nostalgia draw me back to Flight, especially for low-and-slow VFR flights. And what better place than Hawai'i? (Well, perhaps French Polynesia!)

Don't want to give too much away..but here's a preview:

i5F5Z04.png

Don't worry..Nav lights do work!

• Upvote 1

Can't wait, looks very nice.

-eelis-

Devon...that is priceless as Bill stated, thanks for the comic relief. Is there an uncanny facial resemblance to JL Seagull or is it just me?  Ironic that people like me are catching up to the latest mods for Flight due to his post.  I suppose he would think Falcon 4 was also a decades-old worthless sim rather than the modern definitive F16 sim thanks to community dedication and mods.

But in the end it is his small world...we just live in it :wink:

Roy Holley

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wonderful Kavinda, thank you for the visual appetizer. Now bring on the main course! Flights, especially island-hopping in Hawai'i, is set to become more interesting.

Ladies, Ladies.. Ladies .....!!!

Stop sniffing the Helium and throwing Hissy-Fits all over the place! You are making the Forum look untidy.

Re-read my op?

We have the newly-announced AeroFly FS2, DTGFS (with the promise of an even better 'full-fat' flight sim later in the year), and the latest iteration of of P3D V3.3 - ALL currently in development/beta and/or Final release.

ORBX have delivered the promised goods with the updated FTX Central and ASN are stepping up to the plate with the (announced but yet to be released), 'game-changing' Weather System.

Of course MS Flight has its' place in Flight Simulator History (and, to those of you out there that still use it - more power to your proverbial elbow in keeping it alive and long may it continue), -  BUT - My original point was to highlight the fact fact that there are so many 'commentators' on this site who readily post, ad nauseum, in every Forum .... denouncing each and every improvement that our Community gains - in order to achieve what? Bonus Points? A freebie McDonalds?? Gold Donor Status???

.... and the current target would seem to be DTGFS?

Troll?

If the cap fits ....

• Upvote 2

If the cap fits ....

To date, you are the only one who has felt the need to type in caps...... (happy meal is on the way)

And as far as I know, the only lady who has posted in the thread is Poppet.........

So we have two strikes. Tone and accuracy.

Hissy fit?

in order to achieve what? Bonus Points? A freebie McDonalds?? Gold Donor Status???

A point. So what is it exactly you intended to actually achieve with this post? Just in case, your happy meal is on its way.

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

To date, you are the only one who has felt the need to type in caps...... (happy meal is on the way)

And as far as I know, the only lady who has posted in the thread is Poppet.........

So we have two strikes. Tone and accuracy.

Hissy fit?

A point. So what is it exactly you intended to actually achieve with this post? Just in case, your happy meal is on its way.

Caps amended accordingly .... but I am not taking my skirt off for you....  at least not on the first date! :Tounge:  

Caps amended accordingly .... but I am not taking my skirt off for you....  at least not on the first date! :Tounge:  

Since your statement brings to mind Sean Connery in a kilt, I would have to commend your decision.  :lol:

Under-the-Kilt-kilts-353387_368_500_zpso

Devons rig