Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Latest OrBX Lib and blurries

Possibly early days and do need to test further, but first impressions suggests that this might have improved texture loading times and the appearance of blurries.

Yup, after a couple of extended sessions on the sim I can confirm that reindexing has resolved all my blurry problems and texture loading issues. Looks great again along with Yuri's amazing RSP shader lighting tweaks.

Try it and see if it works for you. Can't do any harm and, you never know, it just might work :smile:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489881-latest-orbx-lib-and-blurries/?p=3446847

Mike

It would be nice to hear something from Orbx. It is nice to hear people thinking that they "must" be working on it but so far nothing from management.

Would it really be too much to as k them to send out something like "we are working on it"?

It would be nice to hear something from Orbx. It is nice to hear people thinking that they "must" be working on it but so far nothing from management.

Would it really be too much to as k them to send out something like "we are working on it"?

Well they have:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/117153-orbx-sitrep-migration-olc-na-store-etc/

You have to be registered to read it in the Gerneral Discussion forum.

JV quote:

"FTX Central V2.1 Migration:

This is the big doozie :) We have had over 8,000 customers migrate to FTXCv2.1 and about 1-2% of customers have experienced post-migration issues ranging from mild to severe. Let me apologise to those 1-2% because it was never our intention to cause a single person disruption to their enjoyment of the sim nor have people resort to re-installs. We're genuinely sorry that things have gone awry for you.

Ben has been back at work for a nearly a week and we're testing his diagnostic tool. Here's a beta screenshot of what to expect when you run the tool.

Ben, Ed, Eugene and the testing team are currently working hard to tie down any loose ends, missing files, migration issues and also testing on clean-install machines versus complex-install machines. We will try to get this tool into your hands ASAP since we MUST have this resolved and everyone happily using unified lookup before we can move onto new product releases that depend on it."

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Just to add  just noticed on the ftx forum that  they finished  the tool  for  solving the migration issue should be out  next week ,since  its just been released to the beta  testers for  testing  to see  if passes  the test

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ed on orbx forums has said earlier today that they were 'wrapping up' and 'Hopefully today' for the new lib which will fix this *fingers crossed*

"We're pretty much there, new Orbxlibs will be released soon (hopefully today) with instructions."

I updated ORBX Lib also and found blurries  builds up after 2-3 mins flight.

Also the terrain data loading time increases remarkable. 

This is the same issue I have. It really got bad after installing Land Class NA and SE Alaska.

• Upvote 1

I had the blurry issue tonight in P3Dv3 in ORBX NCA (tested at KSMF) after installing FTX Central v3.  While troubleshooting, I discovered that the Windows Update service (wuauserv) had started itself and was clobbering my CPU hard for hours on end.  Even with Win Update set to never automatically update, the background service was still starting itself and aggressively hitting the CPU, and it specifically affected the cores that handle the texture loading since they generally are lightly loaded and have more headroom for other processes than core 0 which sits at ~80-90% running the simulation core process.  As a result, the texture loading fell way behind, resulting in really pronounced blurries.

Stopping the Windows Update (wuauserv) service fixed it for me.  I have now set the service to only run manually, which it does if I manually initiate a check for updates in Windows.  I am running Win 7...not sure if this problem is confined just to that OS.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I fixed my blurry issue by turning off NA LC in FTXCentral and renaming one of my backup scenery config files in c:\programdata\microsoft\fsx to scenery.cfg.  The backup had entries like Layer=3 vs Layer=003 in the latest file. Not certain this was even a factor but looks suspicious nonetheless.  Possibility that the new indexing breaks something.

Regards

jja 

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Did you try rebuilding the scenery indices and shaders before reverting back?

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I pretty much did everything that I could think up.  I'm reinstalling NA LC to prove a point.

BTW the scenery.cfg entries are now the 003 style.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Stopping the Windows Update (wuauserv) service fixed it for me

Wow! Thanks for this, i reinstalled FSX-SE twice today, looked into drivers, autoruns etc. I disabled it and performance and texture loading are great again. I also renumbered layers in scenery.cfg prior to see your post, but i belive disabling Windows Update fixed it

Uninstalled ORBX and now with a pretty clean FSX install no blurries.  Even good resolution near the ground when landing.  Not saying the blurries are ALL due to addon scenery but now at least I have a baseline and the stock textures look pretty darn good in DX10 mode with Steve's fixes.  FPS is up about 20-30 average

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz