Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Setting up new views on client pc

Hi I have been a opus user since the beginning but have never tried to set up views on another monitor using a client pc what I'm trying to achieve is a front view and a left and right view I have tried this just using fsx but both the side views display a tilted horizon and I don't know if this can be corrected so I am hoping that opus camera views can solve this issue but I don't know how to set up the server and client pcs if this can be done please can you post a link on how to do this.

Thank you for any help you can give me, Jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

You need to step through the Getting Started Guide for Networked Systems,

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_getting_started_network.htm

After setting up your Live View client and testing using the Live View Tests on the client and finally from the server, follow the instructions in the Live Camera guide and create your 2D Scenic views on the client system. The sim, scenery, and textures must be installed on your client system.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_live_camera.htm

Stephen

Thank you for the link will I be able to match the two side views up with my main view eg the horizon so I get a continued view around my monitors also setting up opus this way is less power hungry on my main computer.

Thanks, again,jim

thank you,Jim

I think so, many others have done what you are wanting to achieve. It will offload the 'out of window' scenic displays onto the client system so will be better than just using the main system.

Stephen

Hi just looking over the instruction before getting started, do I have to have a client PC for each view or can I have just one client PC and use two monitors connected to my graphics card.

Thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

It's up to you although Live Camera cannot detect and record separate screen numbers when restoring windowed views. If your monitors form a single display however then everything is fine and any restoring of the window position will work as expected (the detected screen coordinates will be repeatable and represent the true layout).

Stephen

Live Camera cannot detect and record separate screen numbers when restoring windowed views.

[/quote). I don't understand what this means.

If your monitors form a single display however then everything is fine and any restoring of the window position will work as expected (the detected screen coordinates will be repeatable and represent the true layout).

So I will be able to use tripleheadtogo. It's looking very complicated but need to get this set up

Thank you again,Jim

thank you,Jim

If your dual monitor system is set up as two separate screens then the screen number will be unknown and you will have to manually move+position any windowed view over onto the second screen.

TH2GO can be used but this device can also affect the screen coordinates within Windows so again there may be anomalies with certain set ups. In other words, with some configurations the screen coordinates read by opus associated with child Windows may not match the actual pixel coordinates on the TH2GO display. But this only would effect windowed views which can always be positioned or moved manually.

Stephen

Hi I am running fsx on my main PC using dx10 do I have to run the client PC with dx10 as well also the a2a 172 does this have to be installed on the client PC too.

Thanks,Jim

thank you,Jim

Its up to you. You only need to install the a2a 172 if you plan on seeing it within your client views. Otherwise you should simply select the sims stock 172 on the client or some compatible dummy aircraft.

Stephen

I will just be using a outside left and right view which will just be showing part of the wing, also what about running in dx10 does the client PC need fsx to run in dx10 mode .

Thank you, jim

thank you,Jim