Hi Leen,

I appreciate you stepping in an providing your input. There's a little bit of agree to disagree in this thread in relation to what is socially acceptable wait times when people post a question and get a reply so I won't beat that drum any further.

For the sake of those who may have the same issue as Julien here's what he was asking for and here's what I suggested (you pretty much nailed everything I said):

Juien made a texture/brush in photoshop and wanted to use that to fill in some of the textures on the 737-800 but when he did that some of the them weren't lining up properly and they looked squished (as was apparent in his screen shots).

I replied to him saying to make a larger texture; one that would cover a little more of the area he wanted to paint and then trim the excess using the lasso tool or, he could also try CTRL-CLICK on the base texture to select that layer and past his texture INTO the part which would allow him to move the texture around for better aesthetics and symmetry.

Mike

This is the first time i do that, i don't know well photoshop.

So you advice to take the texture on a new page and create the pattern separetly ? 

How can i align perfectly the texture to have a perfect pattern without lag ? 

Thanks ;) 

Yes thats the idea.

Let me explain it in my own words, I would have done it like this ( though there are many other ways) 

Make a layer and create the pattern on it. (  layer1  )

Now make a layer on top of that one having your texturesheet with the wings. ( layer 2)

Set layer 2 to 50% tranparency ( =50% opacity) and move the pattern on layer1 until the pattern shows well positioned on the wing.

Set layer2 back to 100%opacity ( =0% transparency) 

Select the surface of the wing you want to have the pattern on with your selecting-tool.
When its selected make layer1 active.

Now choose the option COPY.

Then make layer 2 active again and choose the option PASTE.

What happened : The selected shape of the wing will be copied from  layer1 to the selected area on layer 2.

How to work with your paintingprogram is something wich you can learn from hundreds of explanations on the internet ( also in french )
Take my word for it , it takes far more time to learn how to work with a paintingprogram during painting , than studying som basic manuals first.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints