Sign in to follow this  
max2770

P3D 3.3.5 - some in-sim windows missing

So, I just updated to 3.3.5 from 3.1 (a bit overdue, isn't it?) to try out AS16, and some of the in-sim windows are missing, notably those from ASN/AS16 and GSX.  Many others are functional, such as FS2Crew, and the default ATC window.

I tried a complete redownload and reinstall with antivirus off, uninstalling and reinstalling both ASN and GSX, nothing seems to work.  ASN works as intended except for the weather requests.  GSX's settings all are functioning normally, but I can't open the request menu.

I tried searching both here and on the official P3D forum, with no joy.

Anyone encountered this before?

sig01.png

Hi Max,

If you have updated only client.msi, try to update content.msi too.

Should solve your problem.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Hi Max,

If you have updated only client.msi, try to update content.msi too.

Should solve your problem.

Cheers,

Sounds good.  Just spent an hour putting back my settings the "right" way, will that reset them again?

sig01.png

Hi Max,

Your settings will remain untouched.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

YW Max,

Next update (soon) you'll remember.

Happy flying !

Massimo Burti

Hi, I'm running into the exact same issue - can't open the GSX application though it shows up in my addon menu in P3D. Not sure if I follow regarding updating client and content.msi. Where would i locate this? Appreciate the help, thanks!

Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

In the download section on the Prepar3d website. Download the client and content installers and the relevant cab file. Uninstall and reinstall.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Works like a charm now, thanks everyone for the help!

Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada