Hi everyone

Sorry to bother you guys again.

As you have probably guessed-I am new to the siatek yoke,i bought it few days and I am having hell of time to set it up .

I am asking for help in how to set up the flap change in smooth sequential way.

At the moment I have selected the right lever on the quadrant to flaps in P3dv3 setting. I 

I wasn't getting the proper change from 0-30 for PMDG 777.

I have followed advise from here and u tube and changed sensitivity etc but no luck.

I have tried using fsuipc too.

I cannot find anything here that allows sequential change-just flaps like in p3dv3.

Can somebody please point me to a tutorial that shows how to set up the lever  to get sequential flap change from 0-30.

As mentioned above,I sorry to keep asking here-please bear with me.

Qas

I keep things pretty simple. I have assigned button 20 to lower the flaps one increment and button 19 to raise the flaps one increment. This way it seems easier to know where I'm at in the cycle.

Wait, it just dawned on me you may not have the Saitek throttle. If all you have is the yoke, then you don't have too many buttons to spare, but if you want to use two of them, you can do the same thing. 

Many thanks for taking time to help.

i have the yoke-quadrant set.

I managed to find this tutorial.

its excellent.very simple and precise.

The only thing that isn't mentioned is that you need to play about with lever position until you know at what position each change takes place.

Initially I thought this did not work -but when I moved the assigned lever slowly I got to know what position is needed for desired flap-I have maked these position with a marker pen.

I hope this is useful for anybody else  who was having hard time setting the flaps to change exactly as desired.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/232534-how-to-configure-flaps-axis-on-joystick/

Qas,

Glad you sorted it out mate.  I discovered in FS2004 that this was impossible to set finitely because you are choosing a lever in lieu of button.  

Using this method works, but you cannot set a lever through the axis settings on the controller to step incrementally. This of course, can be done through a button setting but not in Axis setting.  

The axis setting will give you (through "Flaps Axis) the ability to use a lever as flaps activator but will not give you a set or precise detent for the flaps ... you just have to guess or monitor where those settings lie.  Your idea of marking with marker, sticker, or other method is a fine idea.

For me, I found that a small strip of thinnish rubber, cut out (as in detents) where each flap setting was activated (ie where you have marked it with marker pen) and glued lightly to the Quadrant  gave me everything I desired and I could adjust the flap lever without even looking at it. I also made a set of throttle/flaps/fuel cutout/flaps and spoiler controls which remotely resemble a 737 quadrant from wood and plastic which because of their weight, made this rubber strips mandatory to stop them falling to their lowest setting.  It now works beautifully.

Because, it has been so long since I utilised FSX with a single screen I am unsure if FAX settings setup is similar so please bear this in mind.

Hope this has helped anyone who have these problems or are setting up a home cockpit.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Thank you-This sounds like excellent idea-I will definitely try it.

Qas