Sign in to follow this  
alex

Scenery and aircraft transparent to light dots

Hi there, 

I am wondering if this issue has been seen by anyone here: Suddenly my airport scenery (right now Lisboa) and my aircraft VC and wing model has become transparent to light dots (nav lights from AI, airport vehicles and taxiway lights).

Any clues about what could be causing this...? I recently converted all the effects.

(I'm using FSX non steam on windows 7)

Thank you very much,

Rui Laureano

EDIT

One more weird detail - it doesn't seem to happen all the time. And depending on the view point direction (on spot view), the blue taxiway lights go off or on. 

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

well I would first try us converting the effects and then try in default dx10 preview by uninstalling the fixer libraries.

However I doubt that's it, it sounds as if your z buffering is broken in some way, you aren't experimenting with 3D in some way are you?

Hi, thank you for your reply, Steve.

No, the only thing I recently changed was installing reshade. It is supposed to be compatible with DX10.

I will try your suggestion and report back.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

It's difficult to reproduce this issue as it doesn't seem to happen all the time. 

Quick testing in DX9: no issues. 

Quick testing in DX10 preview mode: the blue lights flicker but mostly stay visible. No aircraft transparency issues with blue lights or AI lights. 

Back to DX10 mode using your utility: No issues so far...

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

I was fiddling with the different options to see if I could have a best solution regarding the disappearing taxiway lights when ai landing lights are off when the transparency issue happened again. 

It seems random. I was in fullscreen mode. I changed from full screen to windowed mode and the issue disappeared again. 

Steve, what is the present situation regarding AI aircraft with no lights at night?

Rui

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal