Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

PMDG 777-200/300 black panels PMDG 737/600/700/800/900

I currenty own the PMDG 777-200 and 300 unfortunately they have black panels, PMDG 600,700,800,900,ngx are all working fine.  For the PMDG Operation Center I have version 1.16.01, loads up fine and I see all of my planes including the PMDG 777-200 and 300.

How do I correct this problems with the black panels on the PMDG 777 line.  The planes also shows up the in the FSX menue, own FSX Gold Edition.  When I select the T7 black panels show up.  Everything else is fine the plane is loaded up and you see it on the runway or at the terminal. and goes up in the air.  Thus what should I do ? I bought  the T7 when they came out.  On other thing I downloaded the new installers for both T7's just recently as well, and still did not fix the problem

thanks, Ronny Spergel

How do I correct this problems with the black panels on the PMDG 777 line. The planes also shows up the in the FSX menue, own FSX Gold Edition. When I select the T7 black panels show up. Everything else is fine the plane is loaded up and you see it on the runway or at the terminal. and goes up in the air. Thus what should I do ? I bought the T7 when they came out. On other thing I downloaded the new installers for both T7's just recently as well, and still did not fix the problem

Hi, Ronny,

Did you completely uninstall the earlier versions of the -200LR and 300ER, using Control Panel>Uninstall Programs? You can't just install on top of the older versions -- the installers provide complete, new installations. If you run the OC before you uninstall, it will preserve your addon liveries.  Uninstall the 300ER, then the 200LR.  Install the new 200LR, then the 300ER.   What versions of these two aircraft are showing in the Operations Center?  The most recent for the 777s is 1.10.7025.  BTW, my OC, which says it is up to date, has modules version 1.14 for both the777 and the NGX. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

when you uninstall via control panel/programs 200 and 300 should you reboot anytime ? Secondly do you have to be concerned about deleting or saving panels ?

thanks so much Ronny Spergel

BTW, my OC, which says it is up to date, has modules version 1.14 for both the777 and the NGX

Hi Mike, 

I have also the v1.14 installed for the "Ops Center modules". But above that version number, in the blue bar it is written Version Information: PMDG Operations Center v1.16.01. I think it's the version the OP refers to.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I have also the v1.14 installed for the "Ops Center modules". But above that version number, in the blue bar it is written Version Information: PMDG Operations Center v1.16.01. I think it's the version the OP refers to.

Hi, Romain,

Yes, you are quite right! Missed that.

Best,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

when you uninstall via control panel/programs 200 and 300 should you reboot anytime ? Secondly do you have to be concerned about deleting or saving panels ?

thanks so much Ronny Spergel

Hi, 

No you don't need to reboot your computer if it is what you mean. However, before uninstalling the 777, don't forget to launch fsx launch the 777, go the FMC at the licence page and unregister (or delete) don't remember exactly but you may find it.

It will prevent problem with multiple use of the same licence.

Edit: Page 0.00.15 of the introduction manual for reference.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

No you don't need to reboot your computer if it is what you mean. However, before uninstalling the 777, don't forget to launch fsx launch the 777, go the FMC at the licence page and unregister (or delete) don't remember exactly but you may find it.
It will prevent problem with multiple use of the same licence.

I don't think he needs to do anything with the licenses as long as he's on the same computer -- I never have.

I agree with Romain, no reboot necessary. 

The only reason to save panel.cfg files or anything else in the panel folders is if you have made changes.  For example I've resized the left popup CDU screen and added a  radar gauge, so I would lose those settings, and possibly the art work that goes with the radar gauge, if I didn't back up the panel folder & files. 

Likewise, if you've made changes to the aircraft.cfg files you will want to back them up too.  For example, I've modified the camera views to allow F10 & F11 to give me overhead and pedestal VC views, so I would lose them if the aircraft.cfg files are overwritten and I didn't have backups.

But don't just copy the old panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg files back after the new installation.  Only copy the modifications you have made (if any).  Otherwise you might revert to obsolete aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg files.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I don't think he needs to do anything with the licenses as long as he's on the same computer -- I never have

You are right. The intro manual says:

"If you need to reinstall your operating system, are upgrading your hardware, or are installing on a completely new computer..."

So as long as it is not his case, he doesn't have to deactivate his license.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Thanks everybody back in biz.  I read the manual the introduction part on page 15, and in my case al I had to do was add and remove first the 300 then the 200. Also  In my case I did not have to go to the fmc and cancel my registration.since it was on the same computer.   thanks once again, Ronny Spergel,  One other thing, all my planes are still there in the PMDG Operation Center as well  and in FSX.