Sign in to follow this  
richie894

Resell boxed versions?

I have a PMDG 777 and 737 for FSX - both are boxed versions with disc. I am about to switch from FSX to p3d. Am I able to uninstall these add-on's and then resell them on eBay? Then pay and download the p3d versions? I am not sure if the new user will be able to install them, even though I will delete on my end??

Am I able to uninstall these add-on's and then resell them on eBay?

Nope. The license is for a single user, and that user only (non-transferrable license).

EDIT: Thanks for asking for clarification ahead of time, btw.

Kyle Rodgers

Nope. The license is for a single user, and that user only (non-transferrable license).

EDIT: Thanks for asking for clarification ahead of time, btw.

Hi Kyle,

Looking on my(our) 777 manual, it says,"....Specifically, you may not sell, resell,trade or barter this software product/license without the permission of PMDG...". So, is what you are saying, PMDG will never give a licence holder permission!

What about if I went to the P3D version, and I gave my FSX box away, as the conditions above seem to imply, if I receive some 'thing' for the box? Maybe reading the total amount of your conditions etc, (which I have not) this maybe covered.

OR are PMDG really saying, I have purchased the license for the use of the product. When I no longer have use for the product, the software product license will lapse with me. As the original license owner, I am not able to transfer the license to any other person or entity for any reason, without PMDG permission?

As I still want to use the MD11, looks like I will keep the FSX system, so the above comment, just out of curiosity.  

Geoff Bryce

OR are PMDG really saying, I have purchased the license for the use of the product. When I no longer have use for the product, the software product license will lapse with me. As the original license owner, I am not able to transfer the license to any other person or entity for any reason, without PMDG permission?

Correct. The license is for you and you alone.

Kyle Rodgers