Sign in to follow this  

Did anyone try to use Samsung migration tool to clone old HDD to new SSD dive. Does P3D works ok after that?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I recenty moved my P3D from one disk to another simply by copying the complete P3D folder to the new disk. Only requirement, your P3D is currently not on your system drive but on a separate one. After changing the drive letters you are done and P3D and all addons will work.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I recenty moved my P3D from one disk to another simply by copying the complete P3D folder to the new disk. Only requirement, your P3D is currently not on your system drive but on a separate one. After changing the drive letters you are done and P3D and all addons will work.

yup! I can attest to the efficacy and ease of that very procedure...

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I actually have my P3D on the system drive, but I've been watching youtube videos where people clone the whole system drive from old HDD to the new SSD. The only problem I see with it if there is some software that uses "hardware footprint" check, then I assume it won't work due to  new drive 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The cloning works flawless.

I have done it to the OS drive and to the P3D drive.

Hardware footprint is more related to the motherboard and in some cases ram.