Sign in to follow this  
Mads Granum

Saitek Multipanel doesn´t have contact to FSX Steam

I have just installed latest paid version of FSUIPC  and newest LINDA - July  2016. I´m running FSX-SE on Win 10.

Everything should be set up, but unfortunately  my Multipanel is not working, when I open up a free flight with A2A Piper Cherokee 180.

My Saitek yoke and rudder are programmed via FSUICP and works fine. The display lights up red but with no digits, and no knobs are working. It gets its usb power directly from my Imac, and it was working fine before I switched to FSUIPC and Linda (for the default planes with Saitek drivers). The Multipanel is set up correctly with all functions using the drag and drop method. And the controls show up in Linda under "Joysticks".

I have no clue what the issue is, can anyone help?

I have removed all Saitek software.

Mads

I have just installed latest paid version of FSUIPC  and newest LINDA - July  2016. I´m running FSX-SE on Win 10.

Everything should be set up, but unfortunately  my Multipanel is not working, when I open up a free flight with A2A Piper Cherokee 180.

My Saitek yoke and rudder are programmed via FSUICP and works fine. The display lights up red but with no digits, and no knobs are working. It gets its usb power directly from my Imac, and it was working fine before I switched to FSUIPC and Linda (for the default planes with Saitek drivers). The Multipanel is set up correctly with all functions using the drag and drop method. And the controls show up in Linda under "Joysticks".

I have no clue what the issue is, can anyone help?

I have removed all Saitek software.

Mads

Thank you for your report Mads. I have the same blank display both I had assumed that it was an hardware issue with my Saitek Radio Panel as it was intermittent. I will need to investigate further. Can you run a couple of tests for me?

Start FSX:SE and LINDA. Goto to Setup LINDA and select Developer mode and Verbose logging. Also uptick the Saitek checkbox. Open up the Console and open \linda\system\common.lua in the Editor. In editor locate the function TestSRP, ensure function name in not highlighted and right click on the function name. This will run the self test on the Radio Panel. On mine I am only getting the AP buttons to illuminate.

Click on Reload Lua Engine and email me the following files to linda@awginfosys.net: \modules\linda2.log and fsuipc4.log.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I have done the testing - but for my multipanel since I dont have the radiopanel.

Where do I find the the files I should send to you?

I have done the testing - but for my multipanel since I dont have the radiopanel.

Where do I find the the files I should send to you?

Thank you for the files you sent. As you suggested, your Multi Panel is not being detected by LINDA or FSUIPC4. In fact it is unusual for your system is trying to connect the Yoke and Pedals 3 times. I would open the Windows Device Manager and check that Windows is detecting the Multi Panel. It could be that it is faulty.

Although the Multi Panel did not detect the Multi Panel, you managed to include a screen shot of its default assignments. I can not see the bottom icon and device name. Can you email me a screen shot of the Joystick Setup page with all devices plugged in. Also I would ask you to repeat the test and sent me the linda2.log and fsuipc4.log file. However, this time can you operate some buttons on each device and then close LINDA before copying the files.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I will try to do it a little later tonight. Just so I´m totally sure - All saitek software and drivers should be removed right?

I will try to do it a little later tonight. Just so I´m totally sure - All saitek software and drivers should be removed right?

I do not use any Saitek drivers or software. Windows Device Manager should pick up your Multi Panel in any case. If it does not, there is something wrong with the hardware.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK