Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

1080 poor performance. Help :(

So my GTX1080 arrived today and its great in GTA5, XP10 but not P3Dv3.  I was running a GTX970 and would get 60FPS in the F22 Raptor. I am lucky to get 25 right now with the 1080 and Ive not changed any setting. The frames are set to unlimited. I downloaded the latest NV drivers and performed a clean install. Obviously something is screwed on my system. Any tips?

Thanks

Pete

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

So my GTX1080 arrived today and its great in GTA5, XP10 but not P3Dv3.  I was running a GTX970 and would get 60FPS in the F22 Raptor. I am lucky to get 25 right now with the 1080 and Ive not changed any setting. The frames are set to unlimited. I downloaded the latest NV drivers and performed a clean install. Obviously something is screwed on my system. Any tips?

Thanks

Pete

Try the old delete p3d.cfg file and Shaders folder routine.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Try the old delete p3d.cfg file and Shaders folder routine.

gb.

Did as you suggested and still the same :(  Thanks for the tip! 

Might have to do a complete system reinstall!

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

If everything else is running fine as you say, then I'd hold off on the reinstall.

Clearly there's a variable at play here.

P3D reinstall maybe.

Are you sure all the settings are the same in regard to the card? AA settings? AF settings? Any setting enabled that wasn't before? After all this is the latest card with new capabilities.

Any P3D settings enabled that weren't before?

Did as you suggested and still the same :sad:  Thanks for the tip! 

Might have to do a complete system reinstall!

It could be that your new card is being driven by the older card's drivers.

You need (if you haven't already...) to scrub your driver from your system, and then download from the nVidia site, the latest driver for your card series, and your O.S. series.  Then install the downloaded...and I'll bet you will just fly!

• Upvote 1

A reinstall of my OS solved the issues.

Pete Richards

Wow, to install a new video card you had to go through the process of reinstalling your OS? I hope I never have to go through that when updating my video card.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Wow, to install a new video card you had to go through the process of reinstalling your OS? I hope I never have to go through that when updating my video card.

Not sure what it was. I actually just did a image  restore with Macrium and its running fine now. I did this also a few weeks ago and it didn't solve the issue.. I also used a new Nv driver that was not available back then so I am thinking it was a NV driver issue. I was struggling to get 20 fps in P3D before. And that's in a default aircraft!

Pete Richards

Well I'm glad that fixed the issue for you. Just a pain to see someone go through that process to fix any problem though. That should be a last resort.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU