Sign in to follow this  
alderon57

Open LC North America - impressions?

If I could ask a huge favor from someone: I would love to see a screenshot of the Shenandoah Valley in VA, from Front Royal looking south towards Luray.  That will tell me whether to stick with my custom "mix-and-match" scenery files, or switch to OLCNA.

I love the Orbx regions, so this new package is very tempting.

It can be posted, or PM me.  Thanks in advance!

Ron

Took a quick flight from Front Royal (KFRR) to Luray ((W45) .. Nice weather today ! Hope these help you out ...

5dp1yv.jpg

rtne49.jpg

dxxv6b.jpg

9pytz7.jpg

j0ib6b.jpg

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

How are cities with notable skylines depicted (New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles)? Are all the buildings there?

It's only a landclass and texture product, so custom objects (buildings) are not included. It's all the default P3D/FSX buildings. 

To get the night lighting is this the only thing you need? Or do I need all three products?

If you are looking for good night lighting and don't have/ want the full suite of Orbx products, take a look at Taburet.

Can anyone explain if the night lighting is from the new LC product; or from using Vector?

Can anyone explain if the night lighting is from the new LC product; or from using Vector?

Lighting is from Open LC NA -- you do NOT need VECTOR to get the lighting,

WAT1460.png

If you already bought Alaska/Canada LC this upgrade to the LC NA is only $24.65 in US dollars, downloading now. I would say that is a pretty good deal. Thank You Orbx! I do believe there is a time limit on this discount for previous Alaska/Canada?

Cheers

Martin

If you already bought Alaska/Canada LC this upgrade to the LC NA is only $24.65 in US dollars, downloading now. I would say that is a pretty good deal. Thank You Orbx! I do believe there is a time limit on this discount for previous Alaska/Canada?

Cheers

Martin

Yes. 30 days after RTM

Yeah I forgot I had the Alaska set and when I went to checkout my buy of NA LC I saw the lower price and then the big smile appeared :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I think it is very good and you get a lot of coverage - Alaska through Central America, Hawaii and the Caribbean.  Pretty good deal really.  I think we are at the point where Global, Vector and LC are essential for FSX or P3D.

Here is a screenshot top down over north Toronto.

HiMW6z8.jpg

and here is the Google Earth image.  Very close representation.

U3lzA5N.jpg

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sorry...Mis-spoke

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I already did a couple of flights to check how accurate the OpenLC NA + Vector combo is. It is very impressive. Dead reckoning with a map (and some preparation) is now very much possible. Highways, roads, cities, towns, all were in place and easy to spot. Same for railroads, lakes, ponds and some golfs and quarries. It is really a game changer for GA VFR flying.

A flight through Illinois http://strips.proboards.com/thread/53/flying-route-66-lllinois and an other one from St Louis to Springfield Mo http://strips.proboards.com/thread/54/flying-route-66-missouri-springfield

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam