Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Megasceneryearth Colorado V3

Just installed MSE Colorado. This is the new version 3.0 scenery.

I must say they have done a good job with this scenery.  Although I could see a couple of areas that had color differences, this time the differences are very small. Big improvement over the earlier versions.  Also I was very pleased with the color depth, or saturation of the scenery.  Not  washed out, or to saturated.  Another nice improvement. Good job, nice scenery.

I agree.  Pikes Peak looks great in the distance flying over Denver!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Great to hear they are improving with V3.  Am thinking about purchasing Arizona v3.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

You should try BlueSky scenery, I think they cover the entire state and it's free. A couple of years ago I did a few pictorials with it and it's quite good.

Great to hear they are improving with V3.  Am thinking about purchasing Arizona v3.

Darryl

Thanks.  I have often thought about Blue Sky Scenery, but have not downloaded it.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

How is this new Megascenery Colorado for showing vertical relief? I have an older version which I though was not bad but to me it seemed to "flatten" things a little.

Dave

You should try BlueSky scenery, I think they cover the entire state and it's free. A couple of years ago I did a few pictorials with it and it's quite good.

Darryl

I agree, Blueskyscenery is very good, especially the newer versions, which they call "ChiliView". I don't think that Colorado has been updated yet to this better resolution, and the older one (2m/pixel) is not anymore available from their website. At least I can't find it there 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I actually like Megascenery now that they are actually focusing on color and, if I am seeing their screenshots correctly, including night texturing, which was a HUGE complaint of mine from V2.

But my biggest problem with megascenery is that emails are ignored.  Before V3 came out, I had purchased Colorado.  I emailed him to ask about a possible discount if I purchased the regional package that already included Colorado.  I expected the answer to be "No", but I wanted to ask anyway.  Instead the answer I got was worse ... nothing at all.   I then emailed him earlier this week because according to their web site we "supposedly" get a 50% discount on V3 of a state if we already own V2, however in their store there is no way to get that discount, and the store wants to charge me full price for V3 Colorado even though I own V2.  

So while I continue to use Megascenery, I am not impressed by being completely ignored.  I just sent another email literally a few moments ago asking again how we go about getting this supposed "discount", since they say we receive it by email.

please check your e-mail for an upgrade code to enjoy a 50% discount.

I am constantly getting email advertising Megascenery, but none of these emails have any code, so be weary if you are a previous V2 owner wanting an upgrade to V3.  If you don;t happen to receive an email from them, then in their eyes you do not exist as an owner.  Personally I think they should attach the code to your account so that when you log into the site the pricing gets applied automatically, but using this email method, they count on people like me not getting these codes so that they have to pay full price again.

Looks like as far as Colorado goes I have to stick to V2 for now.  I just don't have the money to continue paying full price every time they improve something.

It's the unresponsiveness at pcaviator.com (US store only) and megasceneryearth.com that has stopped me from buying there anymore.

Sent multiple emails to them regarding an email change. No response. Stopped buying their stuff a long time ago. Buy at your own risk.

However, the AU site is excellent and have always gotten a pretty quick response from them about questions or concerns. I don't buy much PS anymore but when I do, I go down under.  :smile:

Cheers,

Mark

I also have sent PC Aviator various emails with questions about Megascenery products and have never received a response.  Their customer service is terrible.

Exactly.

The sad part is the new v3 looks amazing. But I honestly don't think these alleged discount codes even exist.

I have been receiving the emails about the new version MSE products and each has had a discount code in it.

I agree with the sentiments in many of the above posts.

I decided months ago to stop dealing with the PC Aviator US store, persuaded by the unsatisfactory history I had in trying to communicate (in the sense of getting a response) with them and also because of multiple expired discount codes they provided to me. The discount codes were given to me (as a form of "thank you") after making purchases of various products. The codes I got from the first two purchases worked fine but subsequent purchases resulted in me being given some discount codes which had expired even before they were emailed to me by PC Aviator US. Emails to them pointing this out brought no response. It might have been different if the US store had a monopoly on flight sim products but I figured why should I put up with the problems of dealing with them when there are plenty of other flight sim retailers available and where part of the reason for my historical dealings had been based on sentiment (as the owner of the US store had originally started up his business in my home town here in Australia before he moved to the US).

I thought a purpose of being in business is to make money by retaining existing customers and attracting new ones. I can't understand a business approach which appears to risk deterring new customers and burning-off existing ones.

By contrast, the Australian store of PC Aviator is, in my opinion, greatly different in customer service, particularly in communication and response time, obviously due to its manager, Dean. For those out of Australia, there is the bonus of currency exchange rates running against the Australian dollar.

Gary

But I honestly don't think these alleged discount codes even exist.

They worked for me and I got a 50% discount. 

I decided months ago to stop dealing with the PC Aviator US store, persuaded by the unsatisfactory history I had in trying to communicate (in the sense of getting a response) with them and also because of multiple expired discount codes they provided to me.

I have never had any problems with PC Aviator in the US or Australia.  In fact, when I downloaded Colorado I found a couple of corrupted files, sent them an e-mail and they fixed it immediately (well it took them about 3 hours to upload the new file to download) but it was still fast.  I'm only responding because I'm trying to counteract your comments.  It's easy for one who has had issues with a developer in the past to rant about the service they received but you are only one in 20 and mistakes are made occasionally by many, not only by the developer but by the customer too.  It is frustrating to suffer the consequences of mistakes.  I have never ever received an expired discount code (and I own 95% of all of their MegaSceneryX) and wonder exactly how you are getting expired codes and everyone else is not.  It's the same code sent to everyone when they release a newer version of their products and offer a 50% discount for previous users. 

My issues have not been with the purchase process (which can easily be stopped before the purchase is completed), but I usually download the product when it is first released and find the bugs in some of the files that turned out to be corrupted.  So subsequent purchasers who waited, will usually get an uncorrupted download.  I suppose the only way to make sure the downloads are not corrupted would be for them to download the whole product and install it before releasing it to the public.  It takes a long time to download though photoscenery though so suspect they wait for people like me to tell them of any anomalies. 

So, you should start purchasing and downloading the product again (with the discount code) as I think the issues have been fixed.  Maybe even because of your past complaints and posts in various forums.  That's how a business learns.  Still, I'm wondering how you could have gotten bad discount codes and right now shaking my head....

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Does the PC Aviator store in the US respond to your emails if you have a question?

I have emailed them numerous times and never received any response.