Sign in to follow this  
Elsaday

Suggestion for a good graphic card

Hello guys.

I would like to hear from you to help me choose a good graphic card to fit the following configuration:
(regardless of price)

Using Windows 10, Prepar3d 3.3

INTEL - I7 6700K
ASUS ATX B150 PRO GAMING / AURA
DDR4 2400MHz 16GB - HyperX FURY
CORSAIR 850W ATX 80PLUS RM850X
KINGSTON HyperX SSD 240GB SATA III 2.5' FURY 6.0GB / S
GRAPHIC CARD ???????

Thanks.

GTX 1080... but wait a few weeks, they are sold out almost everywhere, and the ones available are being sold at scalper-prices.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

GTX Titan X of course. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Get over it guys and stop wasting money on a 1080 its not going to massively improve P3D. ESP code is CPU bound render engine and the GPU may still improve slight frames but nothing special. Save your money get a 980ti and notch down those sliders.

• Upvote 2

Vernon Howells

Even better yet, go with a 970. I've had both a 980ti and a 970 in this box and there was no noticeable performance difference. Nada, zero, none.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Agreed with above. If you only run flight sims then a 1080 is a bit of an overkill. The money can be better spent elsewhere.

Why get a last-gen card (especially the flawed 970)? If the 1080 is too rich for you (it is for me), consider a 1070 or 1060. Runs cooler and uses less power than the Maxwell cards.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.