Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

REX 2004 Overdrive SP5 full install Patch is out.

I did the update too, but Win10 did not want me to install that file and it took quite a few tries to get it to launch.  What is the update supposed to do for REX FS9?  I did not notice any difference, although I have always thought the REX cloud textures were superb; the water, not so much.  Their weather engine is just too slow so I use another one.

I did the update too, but Win10 did not want me to install that file and it took quite a few tries to get it to launch.  What is the update supposed to do for REX FS9?  I did not notice any difference, although I have always thought the REX cloud textures were superb; the water, not so much.  Their weather engine is just too slow so I use another one.

I think it was only an update for the flight plan and map or something like that.

Shame they couldn't have added some new textures for various things.

I posted above based on my experience with two weather applications.  Since getting ASE, I had put aside REX except for the beautiful cloud and airport textures it provides.  ASE seemed to be able to nail the current weather to the point I could look at it and get very accurate local weather from its depictions or our local airport.  ASE takes a fair amount of time to assemble the weather scenario, however.  When the REX update was released I installed it and let it do it's thing.  It is now much faster than before and definitely faster than my ASE.  It also seems to display almost exactly what I see out of my window at the time.  I'm going to use it for awhile and keep comparing them for the same scenarios.  In my mind noting rep-laces the fantastic cloud variety that Rex can inject into FS9.  ASE, even if you like it better, still needs outsourced sky and cloud textures which REX supplies so reliably.

Hi forkedtail, glad to hear it's working for you so well. One thing that most folks seem to forget about is that our sky environments will reflect themselves in our water environment in FS9. So at dawn and dusk times this is evident with great effect. No other developer has taken advantage of that. I hope you continue to enjoy. Cheers! 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com