Sign in to follow this  
DeftDriver

Master Caution flashing on approach

Does anyone else get a flashing master caution light when maneuvering for approach? It seems like when I pull the throttle to idle on approach to get down to approach speed and then apply some throttle to maintain that speed I always get a constantly flashing master caution. I can hit the light to cancel it but it usually comes on again with my next throttle adjustment. It can be very distracting especially when landing at night. I have prop RPM at max during approach. Is this correct?

I have checked my switches and I have no other warnings. My flaps and gear are lowered at the appropriate speeds and I'm using the approach speed specified in the tables. Any ideas?

Do you have a video of this by chance? I've been flying the TBM850 for awhile now and haven't seen this behavior before.

Same issue... can't seem to find what's tripping the master caution.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Maybe you need to go full pitch with the props...

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Pressure? I usually set it after departure and again at the start of decent.

That might make it go off?

I also have the same issue. 

I always believe it has something to do with speed but I don't know what or how because often it goes off when I add throttle... I however don't see any red numbers. 

When I turn it off, it comes back, usually while working the throttle. When I'm in a stable decent, and don't have to touch the throttle, the alarm doesn't go off. 

Some aircraft will give you a caution light when you drop the landing gear or lower the power past a certain point and you do not have the props at full pitch. the remedy is to go to full pitch on the props. The Caution light will either go out by itself or allow you to cancel it by pushing on the light. The reason it does this is so that you will be at full pitch and able to go full power just by moving the throttles or power levers in the event of an emergency go around. I do not have the TBM 850 so I cannot test it for you.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Pressure? I usually set it after departure and again at the start of decent.

That might make it go off?

yes,  Pressure  !!

yes,  Pressure  !!

Is that what it was??? i usually take off with pressure at airfield elevation, Once im away with now issues and looking good, I change it to Cruise + 1000ft, 

When in the decent i then change it to landing field elevation.

Cheers.

Not sure if pressure is it for me because I always notice it when I throttle up during approach. Even with rpm and mixture to full. 

As long as I don't touch the throttle, no alarm but sometimes when I throttle up, the alarm goes off, only after a couple of seconds. 

Anybody find an answer for this idiotic light to keep coming on?

I had what I thought was the most recent edition installed in to P3D till I discovered the FLC was inoperable so I uninstalled & reinstalled the latest V2 (twice) & now I have this happening. It wasn't an issue with the previous install. Can't see any reason for it. I can sit on the runway & doing various throttle movements such as reverse or coming out of reverse & into forward can cause this activation. Even before getting off the ground so I don't believe pressurization has anything to do with it.

I had hangered this aircraft some time ago & only recently resurrected it as I could flick the troublesome G1000 for the GTN750 & with some tweaks was getting it flying quite nicely. However this light constantly illuminating now is so annoying if I can't fix it then it's back to the hanger & off the hard drive for it.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Don't have it presently installed but a MASTER CAUTION (don't know why you call it idiotic) is only an indicator that there's a specific amber caution message on your PFD and/or MFD.

Have you tried to find out which associated message comes on when the caution light appears?