Sign in to follow this  
Crossdrop

All of a sudden: Very slow ground texture loading

I know this topic has been talked about before, but none actually matched my problem or helped me out so I try it again:

Until last week, my FSX was running really smooth, with no problems. I have installed ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC, fly with the Real Air Turbine Duke and the PMDG MD11. I have some freeware airports installed, but not a a huge mess.

Even during starts with the MD11, I had no really slow FPS, although I don't know the exact value. But it was smooth!

2 weeks ago, REX4 was available at a reduced price, so I gave it a try. Since my FSX folder was really big and my games partition was reaching its limit, I enlarged it. Rex was installed with no problems, but the performance was horrible: FSX took ages to load and crashed after 3 minutes during the first flight with the MD11. I then removed all REX textures with the built in function, trying to optimize REX for my system, but now: FSX still takes long time to load (a bit less than with REX before, but way longer than 2 weeks ago). And after 5 minutes into the flight with the MD11, I don't have any sharp ground textures.

With a slower plane like the Turbine Duke, it is the same, just takes a bit longer into the flight.

I dont understand the reason for this: Frames are perfectly alright. The only thing I changed was changed back. And still it is a huge mess! I have deragmented the partition. No change. I really have no idea what's going wrong :(

System is i5-4460, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, 8 GB Ram.

Any suggestions?

Little addition: I put in an old fsx.cfg, that reduces the loading time from a massive 3 minutes to just 40 seconds (that occured very normal to me), but the textures still load slow as a snail.

Okay, Problem solved itself magically. Some clicking in the Graphic-Settings (not really reucing though) and now it works as before. Only during initial climb, I see some blurry textures below me, but I can't even exclude it wasn't before like that - I just was too mich into flying than looking around during climb. During cruise, it's fine, even after the REX textures are loaded into FSX.