Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

FSL A320 now generally available

EXP is marked INOP on the Busses our guys fly. Expedited climbs and descents are usually done by selecting OP CLB or DES and winding down or up the speed manually to get a better V/S. Interestingly in the USA it's very common to 'Climb via SID' or Descend via STAR' where you dial the FCU to the highest or lowest altitude and let the aircraft manage the vertical profile with any level offs in between. Indeed, you'll see us do this in the PMDG 777 Cadet Program which is based mostly in the US.

In the UK, ATC would get very nervous with this as they would see that the altitude in the FCU window (reported by your transponder) would be different to your cleared altitude, even though technically the aircraft would level off in between. BA for example, use OP CLB and DES pretty much all the time, dialling the FCU altitude to the next SID or STAR altitude as you get to it, in the old school way. 

I have seen traffic is more constricted into a small number of airways in Europe and en route you have many crossing aircraft that atc needs to manage all going on a single waypoint, and asks for aircraft to descend or climb before specific waypoints.

Still wondering about passenger cabin lights?  Do they exist or not?  (I have not yet installed Spotlight).

If not, that's my only disappointment so far in this wonderful payware offering: Perhaps they will be included in any future updates... 

Has anyone figured out the whole brake sensitivity thing? I've tried normal mapping of my brake pedals, and I've tried mapping them via FSUIPC4 and setting a huge curve. But no matter what, the smallest tap of the breaks produces a good 5-8 knot decrease in my taxi speed. It's such an odd thing and breaks the otherwise great immersion.

Has anyone figured out the whole brake sensitivity thing? I've tried normal mapping of my brake pedals, and I've tried mapping them via FSUIPC4 and setting a huge curve. But no matter what, the smallest tap of the breaks produces a good 5-8 knot decrease in my taxi speed. It's such an odd thing and breaks the otherwise great immersion.

Not using pedals, but a spare axis (throttle on my Sidewinder Pro as I am using the Saitek TQ for the thrust levers).

Make sure that you are not 'processing' the axes in FSUIPC -- i.e. assign LeftBrake and RightBrake, then go to the Joystick Calibration tab and click the "Reset" button on both left and right so that it says "Axis not processed".

You should then find that it works correctly, I think.

• Upvote 1

Not using pedals, but a spare axis (throttle on my Sidewinder Pro as I am using the Saitek TQ for the thrust levers).

Make sure that you are not 'processing' the axes in FSUIPC -- i.e. assign LeftBrake and RightBrake, then go to the Joystick Calibration tab and click the "Reset" button on both left and right so that it says "Axis not processed".

Thanks Simon,

I tried your tip, and it has helped me some. It seems FSUIPC4 is messing with my brakes, so I won't use it at all with these brakes axes.

Just tried this but the problem now is that the axis is reversed and I cannot get it the right way around unless I use process it ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hmm.

Perhaps it might be worth assigning the brakes directly in FSX then, if that is the case, unless anybody can think of a workaround...?

Hmm.

Perhaps it might be worth assigning the brakes directly in FSX then, if that is the case, unless anybody can think of a workaround...?

I think I will just live with it.  Assigning in FSX will mess up any other aircraft I have.  My main issue is not the braking but the power of the ground roll, seems you have to be on the brake the entire time to keep it from accellerating to 40 + knots.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think I will just live with it.  Assigning in FSX will mess up any other aircraft I have.  My main issue is not the braking but the power of the ground roll, seems you have to be on the brake the entire time to keep it from accellerating to 40 + knots.

If you are in the IAE model, then that's supposed to happen. In the CFM model, you need some power to get moving, then you pretty much hold speed at idle thrust.

As Karl said, the V2500 engines do create a lot of ground roll at idle thrust. This is exactly as it is in the real aircraft. It's common for V2500 powered A320s to taxi on a single engine, depending on the airline and their SOP.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hmm.

There is a workaround.

For those that are interested,

Make sure you check Profile specific in FSUIPC to create a specific profile for the A320. and that the Axis is not processed by FSUIPC.

If the axis is reversed when in the sim, you can correct it in the FSUIPC.ini file.

find the Axis profile for the A320 in the FSUIPC.ini file. You can find the FSUIPC.ini file in the Modules folder in your main sim folder.

to reverse the axis, add a  ,*-1 to the end of the correct axis you want to reverse.

You can identify the axis in FSUIPC by going to the "Axis Assignment" tab. press Rescan and tap the axis you want to switch. Make a note to what Joy # and Axis # is displayed.

for example

in my FSUIPC.ini file I have reversed the two brake axis (0X and 0Y) for my hardware.

[Axes.FS Labs A320]

RangeRepeatRate=10

0=0X,256,F,66387,0,0,0,*-1

1=0Y,256,F,66388,0,0,0,*-1

2=0Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0

3=1X,256,F,65763,0,0,0

4=1Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

5=1Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0

6=2X,256,F,66382,0,0,0

7=2Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

8=2Z,256,F,66420,0,0,0

9=2R,256,F,66534,0,0,0

10=2U,256,F,66423,0,0,0

11=2V,256

12=2V,U,-4811,16383,66079,0

13=2V,D,-16384,-4551,66080,0

If you still have your sim running, while doing this, you will need to open FSUIPC again and "Reload all assignments" for the change to take affect, otherwise, the changes will take affect when you start up your sim.

• Upvote 2

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

/\ /\   Great job Rick :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

There is a workaround.

Make sure you check Profile specific in FSUIPC to create a specific profile for the A320. and that the Axis is not processed by FSUIPC.

If the axis is reversed when in the sim, you can correct it in the FSUIPC.ini file.

find the Axis profile for the A320 in the FSUIPC.ini file. You can find the FSUIPC.ini file in the Modules folder in your main sim folder.

to reverse the axis, add a  ,*-1 to the end of the correct axis you want to reverse.

You can identify the axis in FSUIPC by going to the "Axis Assignment" tab. press Rescan and tap the axis you want to switch. Make a note to what Joy # and Axis # is displayed.

for example

in my FSUIPC.ini file I have reversed the two brake axis (0X and 0Y) for my hardware.

[Axes.FS Labs A320]

RangeRepeatRate=10

2=0Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0

3=1X,256,F,65763,0,0,0

4=1Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

5=1Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0

6=2X,256,F,66382,0,0,0

7=2Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

8=2Z,256,F,66420,0,0,0

9=2R,256,F,66534,0,0,0

10=2U,256,F,66423,0,0,0

11=2V,256

If you still have your sim running, while doing this, you will need to open FSUIPC again and "Reload all assignments" for the change to take affect, otherwise, the changes will take affect when you start up your sim.

Thanks, this is great information.

Mark W   CYYZ      

There is a workaround.

for example

[Axes.FS Labs A320]

RangeRepeatRate=10

2=0Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0

3=1X,256,F,65763,0,0,0

4=1Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

5=1Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0

6=2X,256,F,66382,0,0,0

7=2Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

8=2Z,256,F,66420,0,0,0

9=2R,256,F,66534,0,0,0

10=2U,256,F,66423,0,0,0

11=2V,256

Worked perfectly, thanks for posting this!

Mark W   CYYZ      

Ive been blown away by the aircraft and am not a airbus fan

Im in that camp too